Keep'n the inside clean

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Hey fellas wanted to ask what y'all use to keep the inside of your rides clean? Specifically the carpet....... Between my 3 year old and wife who constantly runs he hands through her hair and mentions how much she sheds as she drops a giant fur ball on my floor imma lose my $h!t. Oh and drawing on the Windows !!!! Thanks in advance lol

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
A set of HuskyLiners X-ACT Contour floor mats to keep anything from getting on the carpet in the first place.
Take the crayons away till the kids knows only to color on the paper not the windows or anywhere else.

JGBimle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have weather tech mats, similar to husky those make a big difference. As far as last hair it's a ***** to clean my girlfriends is always all over her side of the truck and isn't always picked up by the vacuum. A couple companies make pet hair brushes, I haven't tried one but I assume they'd work for that too. Carpet and upholstery I use chemical guys Lighting Fast Stain Remover and a brush. My favorite dash and interior cleaner is Adams Polishers interior detailer. It cleans and protects without leaving an oily residue, it also has anti static agents in it which I've found do an excellent job of keeping dust and other small particles to a minimum in between details.

Midnite-CTD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I have a set of weather tech mats as well, and would definitely recommend them to anyone as picky as I am about the carpet in their truck!

As far as hair goes, I have two small dogs that I swear have the ability to shoot their hair like porcupine quills. How else does it get everywhere and imbed itself in the cloth of the seats like that! :shrug: :emotions34: My solution was a second hose for the built in vac in the garage so I didn't have to keep hauling out the shop vac to clean the truck :rolleyes:

Thankfully my kids are old enough not to draw on the windows, just have to wipe off the nose prints from the dogs...

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
For chemicals, Tuff Stuff is the ****. We use it at work and the foaming action makes it easy to get grease and stuff off.

Husky Liners or WeatherTech liners are also great.

As for the wife, make her wear a hair net. :naughty: :hidesbehindsofa:

OP
OP
homebrew

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
A set of HuskyLiners X-ACT Contour floor mats to keep anything from getting on the carpet in the first place.
Take the crayons away till the kids knows only to color on the paper not the windows or anywhere else.
I was talking about the misses....... You know how the Windows fog up when it's cold out???? She likes to doodle....

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
I was talking about the misses....... You know how the Windows fog up when it's cold out???? She likes to doodle....

Yeah I imagine the penises get kinda old after a while.
I think white vinegar is supposed to keep the fog down.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As long as your windows aren't tinted. Vinegar messes window tint up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
As long as your windows aren't tinted. Vinegar messes window tint up

No, you're thinking of ammonia. Vinegar is safe unless you can prove otherwise.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's right my bad

jusalt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Hair Clean Up

If you want to clean up the hair you can't go wrong with the Fur-Zoff stone. This thing will pull human hair or pet hair out of the your carpet or upholstery in 1 or 2 swipes.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Another thing you can do to keep the interior cleaner is install the "cabin air filter" mod. Won't help with the pet hair or writing on the windows. but it helps with the dust and pollen in the air.
Jay

Slick61

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
for hair on/in the carpet, take a damp terry cloth towel with a lot of nap to it & wipe the carpet... gets the hair right up. I have a 100 lb double-coated Great Pyrenees that sheds continuously, so I deal with hair/fur on a daily basis...

20160229_124057.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dyadeta