Krown Rust proofing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
Had my 2016 Ram 2500 rust proofed today with Krown Rust proofing.Had it done at Gus,s Grarage/Krown dealer located in Versaillis OH.Very happy with the application:)Living in the rust belt of michigan had to get it done.My plan is to keep the truck at least 10-12 years:favorites13:

Glowrdr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Wish they had something a little closer to me. Living in MN, it keeps telling me to go to Canada. How long is an appointment? Is it like an instant oil change place that you can drive up and get it done? I travel for work, and think I could probably find a place to swing by eventually. Although, it wouldn't be yearly as recommended.

OP
OP
coobie

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
Wish they had something a little closer to me. Living in MN, it keeps telling me to go to Canada. How long is an appointment? Is it like an instant oil change place that you can drive up and get it done? I travel for work, and think I could probably find a place to swing by eventually. Although, it wouldn't be yearly as recommended.
My truck was completed in 1.5 hours.Very happy with the out come:)

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
just thought id share what I hav found.

I was set on Krown but wasn't happy that I was going to have to drive to the other side of Michigan every 12 months to get it done. I found this treatment by chance and the reviews on it are just as good or better than krown in some peoples mind.

Corrosion Free - Rustproofing Rust Cure Formula 3000

It stays on the truck longer than krown (supposedly) from what iv heard. if i remember correctly the "tech" i talked to said it is only required every 18-24 months to stay in their warranty. the price is very similar to Krown too.

I will post my experiences when i get it applied in the fall.

EDIT: I have also heavily considers doing the spray gun rout with "Fluid Film" but buy the time I buy everything for it the price is very close. I also dont have a hoist and laying under the truck while doing this would SUCK.

tsc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Canadian Forces did a study way back in 2006 and Corrosion Free scored the best; with Krown in 2nd place.

I was going to do the Corrosion Free, until I found out that Canadian Tire is the main applicator of the product. There is no way in Hell, I'm going to let the wrench monkeys at Cambodian Tire touch any vehicle of mine.

If you can find a independent Corrosion Free, I'll say do it. If not, Krown is a very good second choice.

Link to an article, which has a link to the .pdf file of the CF study

Which Rust Proofing Service Is Best? | HowToSaveMoney.ca

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
The Canadian Forces did a study way back in 2006 and Corrosion Free scored the best; with Krown in 2nd place.

I was going to do the Corrosion Free, until I found out that Canadian Tire is the main applicator of the product. There is no way in Hell, I'm going to let the wrench monkeys at Cambodian Tire touch any vehicle of mine.

If you can find a independent Corrosion Free, I'll say do it. If not, Krown is a very good second choice.

Link to an article, which has a link to the .pdf file of the CF study

Which Rust Proofing Service Is Best? | HowToSaveMoney.ca

yup, its a independent applicator.

thank you for the info. that makes me feel great about my choice. Anyone else here use it?

OP
OP
coobie

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
just thought id share what I hav found.

I was set on Krown but wasn't happy that I was going to have to drive to the other side of Michigan every 12 months to get it done. I found this treatment by chance and the reviews on it are just as good or better than krown in some peoples mind.

Corrosion Free - Rustproofing Rust Cure Formula 3000

It stays on the truck longer than krown (supposedly) from what iv heard. if i remember correctly the "tech" i talked to said it is only required every 18-24 months to stay in their warranty. the price is very similar to Krown too.

I will post my experiences when i get it applied in the fall.

EDIT: I have also heavily considers doing the spray gun rout with "Fluid Film" but buy the time I buy everything for it the price is very close. I also dont have a hoist and laying under the truck while doing this would SUCK.
I considered them also but the 2 dealers in Michigan I spoke with were total idiots on the phone.RED FLAG:3681700201_eef6d1e2

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I considered them also but the 2 dealers in Michigan I spoke with were total idiots on the phone.RED FLAG:3681700201_eef6d1e2

I had a completely different experience from the applicator in Ann Arbor. The gentleman i talk to answered all of my questions about where and how they apply. I told him all of my concerns and how picky I am about my truck. He told me to ask for him by name when I get there and I can watch him apply everything. Sad part is I talk to him a month and a half ago and forget his name LOL!. Still going there to get it applied.

OP
OP
coobie

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
I had a completely different experience from the applicator in Ann Arbor. The gentleman i talk to answered all of my questions about where and how they apply. I told him all of my concerns and how picky I am about my truck. He told me to ask for him by name when I get there and I can watch him apply everything. Sad part is I talk to him a month and a half ago and forget his name LOL!. Still going there to get it applied.
That was the same location I spoke with.The kid who answered the phone told me everyone was out of the office that day and had NO clue what pricing was he told me someone would call me back,that NEVER happened.Good luck hope it works out:happy107:

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
That was the same location I spoke with.The kid who answered the phone told me everyone was out of the office that day and had NO clue what pricing was he told me someone would call me back,that NEVER happened.Good luck hope it works out:happy107:

I hope your " Good luck, I hope it works out" is not sarcastic. If it is, all i can say is calling them Idiots because a "kid" answered the phone is not fair and I'll leave it at that.

Otherwise, thanks for the "good luck"

OP
OP
coobie

coobie

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
I hope your " Good luck, I hope it works out" is not sarcastic. If it is, all i can say is calling them Idiots because a "kid" answered the phone is not fair and I'll leave it at that.

Otherwise, thanks for the "good luck"
Nope not being sarcastic at all.I NEVER wish bad on anyone(KARMA).I do hope they do a good job on your truck.Keep us posted on the results.:favorites13:With regards to the kid answering the phone it seemed very unprofessional to me to run a business as such.But hey some folks accept that,I do not.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Well thank you. I plan on doing it in the fall. I will post my impressions. I understand your point about the unprofessional practice of having a kid answer the phone. I just hope that its because its a Maw & Paw family owned shop. I hope for the best and plan for the worst.