Leaf Blower Drying - Gas, Corded, or Cordless

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbsmithram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I just heard of people using a leaf blower to get 90% of the water off the truck and then using a good waffle weave. That would be great becasue I struggle getting the the whole thing dry before other parts start to dry on their own and leave spots since the truck is so big.

So couple questions....

a) is this safe - wouldn't the blower blow debris onto the truck and cause scratches?

b) do you use a gas blower, corded, or cordless?

Tks

13Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After I am done rinsing I use my gas powered blower (hand held Echo) to get water out of all the cracks, wheel wells and tires. I then go over with Adam's Detail Spray and a waffle weave MF and get the rest. Works great. I try to make sure I am not blowing the ground to kick up any dust. Been doing for years. No issues with scratches

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've used a corded and cordless before. A gas blower would be so loud and smelly, I wouldn't bother with that. Now I just use my air compressor to blow off the tonneau cover and nooks.

OP
OP
J

jbsmithram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just wondered how much air they have to move to be effective for the ram... Additionally I don't like buying single use items so I'd use this in the yard too.

GlOcKnRaM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I use my husqvarna gas blower, I just stand back some and go over each panel quickly. Never had any issues!

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I've used corded and gas, currently have a corded toro just for drying
Your not blowing the car completely dry, just the heavy stuff off and the cracks/seems where water always drips out of

Last edited:

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been using one for years on my rigs and have never had any issues. Saves a lot of time...and stops all those damn little run offs from all the cracks and joints..

mikz86ta

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Never used a blower but seems fine to do.
Have used those waffle weave drying cloth. I have 5 of them and love em. My s10 took 1 and half of them to get the majority of the water off and then the 3rd one toom care of the left over water.
I have had my Ram for just a few months so havent mastered how many it uses. But like I said I have 5 of them.
Aside from the water in the crevices and mirrors, the waffle weave towelsare suffecietnt
The blower js a bonus for the crvices

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I started using one on my harley years ago. Greatest thing since toast. I use a corded electric I paid $25 for. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I actually just stumbled upon this in some YouTube videos and also some forums where people were talking about the Master Blaster vs a leaf blower. Almost everyone's response was if you can afford the master blaster to get that but if not a leaf blower works perfect. Now everyone I saw who said leaf blower all suggested electric so your not throwing any burn off from a gas one back on the truck/car. I'm probably going to go by a electric corded one from Sears or lowes soon so I can do this.

jayincali

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use a $30 buck electric from Hoe Depot for both yard and truck. I heard gas is a no no due to possible oil/gas being blown out as well. I myself don't know as I never used gas, just what I have heard from folks.

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just use the air compressor I have in the garage. 150' recoiling hose reel, spot blasting air nozzle and about 15psi gets the water out of all the cracks and crevices. Eliminates the debris issue as well.

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
I use my EGo 56v blower. Works awesome!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416863282583.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416863282583.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 74

RAtmosphere

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 3500 Dually
Engine
5.9 Cummins - 12,800 original miles
I use a Master Blaster. And although it is pricey, it does work well...the weight of my gas leaf blower is a little too much to hold it up and try to dry the roof. The master blaster is just a long hose with a tapered rubber nozzle on the end and the main canister is on the ground, so that works a little better for my dually.

parttimer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Electric is the way to go, gas is noisy and there can be oil or other particulates in the exhaust which can be left behind on the pain.