Leaf Blower Drying - Gas, Corded, or Cordless

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Umma gonna have to vote for the electric because that is what I have used and it hits the body pretty good, a good spray detail will get the little bit of left over residual easily. With the factory 20's chromed really lets them shine effortlessly, my advice is for a cheap corded from Home Depot all the way and a micro fibre to finish it up

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Duh..why didn't I think of this since I have used my Stihl gas FS45 on my motorcycle for years!

Neverenuff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought an electric blower from Home Depot. Its a Toro and is very powerful. I also have a Echo gas backpack blower for the lawn but the Toro is what I use on my vehicles. Well worth the $50

ralphdees

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L V6 engine
I had a buddy who tried using a leaf blower to dry his car, he got into it shortly after he heard other car detailers doing the technique. He said the leaf blower is real handy in taking out the water spots from hard to reach crevices in the truck, but then he claimed it left his paint dry with water spots. He added it tends to blow up some dust too. I personally have not tried it, but my take is he probably overdid the dryer and dried off his paint. Anything in excess and when not used properly can still be damaging.

MrHarleyGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Right after I wash, I take the truck around the block, then use a compressor to get around the trim,moldings,emblems etc. Then use detail spray one panel at a time and dry off. Works great, and no spots.

Bakaehler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use a corded blower and it's always done just what I need to detail or wax

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you use the blower on your truck while it is sitting in the same place that you washed it, the ground should be wet enough to stop any dust unless you have a dirt driveway or garage floor. Or maybe just don't point the blower toward the ground. :naughty::naughty:
Jay

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My neighbor just told me about doing this last year . . . Biggest help for me was getting water out of all the nooks and crannies of my wheels . . . I used to hate it when I spend a bunch of time getting my wheels what I thought was dry, only to roll away and have water marks all over them when I got back . . . Really handy for intricate wheels and knobby tires

Ramaniac

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500, Laramie
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I use my Rigid Shop vac as it doubles as a blower but it's kind of heavy and definitely not overpowered, besides that it makes me sweat. I'm in the market for a new one so I'm loving this thread !!