microfiber towel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
how do you clean microfiber towels? can i just throw them in the washer.

ROKTMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No dryer sheets either.Just an automatic thing with dryer loads but not for these.

xxxotiknightz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
if your washing microfibers with wax on them griots makes a chemical I use that takes off the chemicals in the wash. 2x on no dryer sheets

[email protected]

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Microfiber towels need to be washed properly in order to prevent damage. You should use a detergent without fragrances and softeners. I use Woolite. It is fine to wash in high heat, but remember to only wash microfibers with other microfibers. Do not wash with cotton clothing.

A pre-soak in detergent and hot water may be necessary if wax and polish buildup is excessive. Do not put greasy towels in with microfiber products.

Proper drying is also important. Microfibers do not like heat. I usually air dry my towels and pads, but you can spin them in the dryer as long as it's on the no heat setting.

BMRbrnSNRbrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 CC Hemi Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I do pretty much exactly what Eric says and mine seem to last a very long time. Although I don't air dry mine, they just get tumbled with no heat until dry.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Just curious, what does the heat from a dryer do to them? I've been heat drying the ones I use after washing for a couple months now and they still seem good as new. This set has probably been through washer and dryer 10-12 times or more by now.

Terrence

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just curious, what does the heat from a dryer do to them? I've been heat drying the ones I use after washing for a couple months now and they still seem good as new. This set has probably been through washer and dryer 10-12 times or more by now.

yea i was wondering the samething.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My microfiber towels get too dirty when I clean my wheels hahaha i just have to buy new ones

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There are commercially available detergents just for washing mircofibers. If you don't want to spend the money, just use a store brand detergent, that is free of dyes and perfumes. If you're going to use a dryer, put it on low heat. High heat will over time cause them to lose their function. The high heat will actually break down the molecules.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Thanks Dan, I did not know that. Sounds like I'm already using the right detergent, just need to be more careful with the drying.