Need options on DA/orbital polisher machine. Need something good!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
So, last year li bought one of the fairly cheap B/D 10" orbital electric polishers and it was OK. Well, while I was just about finished detailing my wife's suv it took a chit. Literally, plastic chunks were flying out from the housing along with a bent screw that was hot as hell. Like the rest of my power tools it is time to step it up and drop the appropriate amount of money on a good quality DA/orbital polisher. I don't have it in me to use the things attached to my shoulders to get the job done. I need a machine.

What are you all using and where did you buy it from. Willing to spend $100-$150 plus all the pads, etc. thanks for the help.

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have a Porter Cable, which seems to be the standard for DIY. maybe slightly more than your price range, but I would recommend it.

tsc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I second the Porter Cable. Meguiar's branded one, is the Porter Cable with the Meguiar's name.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Had a Porter Cable 7424X for years and I decided to try something new. I picked up the Adam's Cyclo polisher and so far it performs just as well as the 7424X ever did but I like that it has an 8"x4" path so I complete panels faster than with the PC but it has the same idiot-proof usage as the PC does. You can't go wrong with either unit, especially if you can pick up the Cyclo on one of the big sales; I only paid $250 for mine, compare that to $150 for the PC.

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Harbor Freight DA, but would only recommend it on a tight budget. If you plan to use it enough, I would definitely recommend the PC as well.

OP
OP
Skrap

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
Thanks guys for all,the great info. I'm gonna pick up the PC from Amazon for $110. Been browsing the Chemical Guys site looking at all the pads and other stuff. I'll only use it for polishing and waxing. Not sure how much I trust myself with the cutting and compounds but my vehicles don't require that at this point.