need suggestions for chrome clad cleaning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toppyw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a set of chrome clad wheels and trying to get some suggestions on what I can get at the parts store or Walmart to use to clean them and polish or seal them after. I just got them so I'm not familiar with maintaining them.

Greatly appreciate any help!

Thanks!

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a set of wheels that were in tough shape years ago. I used a product called Nevrdull from Eagle One. Once I got most of the crap and oxidation off, I used a mother powerball and polish to buff them to a shine. Worked great and they shined incredibly well.

The way I clean the chrome on my truck is pretty simple actually. Invisible glass and a good towel cleans chrome incredibly well for a weekly clean up. Never leaves streaks and shines great.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Once you get them to shine up to your satisfaction you can put a good sealant/wax on them. It will make your future cleaning a lot easier. Invisible Glass is some good stuff.
Jay

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I treat my wheels like I do my paint, wash them, clay, Polish, wax once I have a nice layer of wax on them Invisible glass/quick detailer make them shine. I have also used turtle wax chrome polisher it seems to work ok.