New 2014 RAM windshield issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clawwd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All,

I just bought my RAM and noticed that the outside of the windshield has some kind of film or something on there that makes it hard to see through when the sun hits it right. It almost looks like my 10 yr old windshield of the truck I traded in. I tried to use 2 types of cleaner including windex and it helped a little but is still there.

Has anyone experienced this or know of some kind of stripper or windex on crack?

shaftman_05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Could be from the detailers sloppy over spray on the dash. IF its real bad try rubbing alcohol should cut the chemical better

Surf City Garage

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Good Morning,

I would recommend trying to clay bar the windshield, once it's clean. Sounds like to me there is some sort of contamination on there that regular cleaners and even alcohol won't remove. If the clay bar doesn't work out, let me know, and we can come up with a different plan of attack from there.

Mook

sentrek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
One thing that has worked really well for me in the past is the powdered comet and one of those kitchen scotch brite scrubbers (a used one). Usually that comet will clean anything off of glass. After scrubbing it real good with the comet then just regular glass cleaner.
I havent checked yet, but if the mirrors are plastic on these like on my wifes chevy, do not use the comet as it will scratch them. It is good on glass though.

OP
OP
C

clawwd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks everyone. I will give these options a try

OP
OP
C

clawwd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
tried the clay bar with water to lube it and I went backwards The bar left a film on the windshield. I have applied windex 3xs and its not cutting the clay. So now, how do I remove this new film?

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It's possibly the "lube" they apply to the suction cups on the assembly line. Seen it on the inside and outside. The only way to clean it best is either with glass stove-top cleaner (outside) or vinegar (inside) in my experience. Blend the cleaner down with about 10 parts water and use a good microfiber for the outside.
ghk-weiman-glass-cooktop-cleaner-mdn.jpg

ernest rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
overspray from windshield

Before i had my 2015 ram i used to clean my windshield with a razor blade and used to work perfect however with my new 2015 ram i didn't know that the windshield come laminated so i used the razor blade technic really soft . and i scratch the windshield pretty bad i have to replace it .i strongly recommend not to use a razor blaze maybe a clay but sometimes left a foggy residuals .im still working to find a safe solution for it

Exhausted

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This happened to my dads infinity
It turned out to be the film that is in between the layers of the windshield
It had started to separate for some reason so the windshield had to be replaced