Newbie with first detail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crawgator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Newbie to the site . Bought my Rebel back in May and did the first detail a few days ago. I used Meguiars Ultimate Polish and topped it off with a coat o Mequiars Synthetic Past Wax. Real pleased with the results.

Attachments

• IMG_0849.jpg
    IMG_0849.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 57

Cmsharp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks good! I use meguires products too. Good value and they work great.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks good! Although your truck is new, did you do a "baggie" test on the paint surface to see if there were any contaminants on your paint before you waxed your truck? Many "new" trucks need to be clay barred to remove contaminants from the surface, before seal/waxing.
Jay

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wash your truck and dry it. Take a household z-lock bag and put your hand inside the baggie and rub it on the painted surface(usually the flat surfaces) and see what it feels like. If it's smooth your good to go as far as any correction, sealing and waxing, but if it feels like sandpaper, you know that you have contaminates that are stuck to the surface of your paint that need to be clay barred off before you seal and wax. It's just the idea of starting with a completely "clean" surface instead of sealing and waxing over a bunch of crap on the surface that you can not see. Some people clay bar about once every 6 months and some do it every year. A "new" truck does not automatically mean a "clean" surface.
Jay

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crawgator

Crawgator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hey Pull Ya. I didn't do the bag test. I've been doing some research on detailing and came across a lot of good info. After I polished a small area, I could wipe it with a rag and there was a big difference with the unpolished and polished surface. I would wash and wax my old Z71 now and then but since I've got my new truck, I'm taking better care of it. I do plan on detailing my Altima (work car) and will do the clay bar cleaning with it. Thanks for the info...

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You have a beautiful truck. I hope you enjoy it.
Jay