Powered Coating in Houston

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badfish45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I tried a search but something is messed up, also please move if this is in the wrong place. Looking for a good, reliable powder coater in Houston area? 021220255ccd2be7c341f074f37c76c3.jpg

I plasti dipped the emblems, which I really like, just wondering what would be better for the rims and bumpers plasti dip or powder coat? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Powder coat is, by far, more durable but PlastDip is much cheaper and quicker. With PlastDip, you'll be recoating them every couple months...especially the front bumper. Powder coat will still chip but nearly as easily.

This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

EWC88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I plastidipped my rims and lower front bumper spoiler I guess you call it? Rims I did easily 8 months ago and they held up perfect, I removed it only because I got new tires put on and the machine tore it up. I will be doing it again because it looked great and held up amazing. The lower front bumper piece was done couple months ago and only one spot tore. I'm going be painting that piece instead because the front end gets hit with more crap to destroy the dip.

All of this was done when I was driving to work and back home which equaled 85 miles a day, on a decent amount of construction spots on highway.

JArnold

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Im new to the Ram family, but I too need to get rid of the chrome all over my new 2016 Lonestar. Just got it today, and it is already killing me. I will be trying to get my bumpers and grill color matched to the white body and the rims black. How did your search turn out?