Products

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys,

Really want to start detailing my new truck, are the products at Canadian Tire or Wallmart ok to use (meguiars, Auto Glym), or should I be looking at better quality products?

Lobster Poutine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
if you are going to shop at CT for your stuff, your fie with meguiar's. there are alot of more professional options that usually cost around the same as off the shelf products.

im assuming your in Canada. oldetownautospa.ca has a great selection.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
I use meguires not the best but works good enough for me. I'm not a professional detailer.

OP
OP

14_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What about Adam's car care products, are they worth it? Saw that they have a canadian web site. Prices seems fair, are they worth it over meguires?

scottyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What about Adam's car care products, are they worth it? Saw that they have a canadian web site. Prices seems fair, are they worth it over meguires?

It really comes down to personal preference. I started doing anything car related with products found only at Canadian Tire and Napa for several years, but their selection doesn't dip too far. There is nothing wrong with Meguires products per-say, they have been around for ages, dare I say one of the longest (someone correct me here, I'm just guessing) but over the course of the last few years doing paint correction/any type of polishing, CT simply doesn't allow me the selection I needed.

Now following several detailing forums, and watching some of the pros attack some of the worst conditioned paint, I started mimicking some of the products that were being used. ADAM'S was one that always popped up, for one product or another depending on the job. I picked up the odd bottle and tried from there.

I personally LOOOOOVE Adam's APC, detail spray and under-carriage spray. I use these religiously on every car I do.

Sorry for the long winded reply lol

2014StormTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Longhorn 4x4 2003 LY Evo VIII ER Built 2.2L
Engine
6.7 CTD / 4G63
I've been using the off the shelf stuff at auto zone or whatever for the last however many years, but i am now going to spend a pretty penny on some Adams stuff and try it out, from what i have heard Adams stuff is top notch and worth the extra couple bucks it might cost. I now have a black truck sooo i want it to be shiny all the time(not gonna happen but hey worth a try lol)

Chumpy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
try Finish Kare, Adams , and Chemical Guys and Griot. I use a combo of all these as I am a detail nut case.

Stegs

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
5.2L 318 C.I.
chemical guys!!!

Trust me on this one, you will not be disappointed!

nothing against adams or griots......but chemical guys is the way to go.

They have bulk sizes, all their products work great, smell great. - Just take a look at the pics in my gallery here on RF - all CG

I can give you some product suggestions if you would like...

just send me a pm

*and no, i dont sell or work for them...im just a detail enthusiast :buffer:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you want to check out the many products available you should look at autogeek.net. They have quality detail products, including a description of the product, how to use it and they also show the results in some of the U tube's they have. The second site I would suggest to you is autopia.org. It is a world wide professional detailer's site that discusses various products, shows how to use them and shows the results. They will also answer any questions you might have related to a particular problem or they will give you their opinion of a certain product. Both sites are free and provide a wealth of information. Which ever product/s you choose remember you only have one person to satisfy and that's YOU.
Jay

Lobster Poutine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you want to check out the many products available you should look at autogeek.net. They have quality detail products, including a description of the product, how to use it and they also show the results in some of the U tube's they have. The second site I would suggest to you is autopia.org. It is a world wide professional detailer's site that discusses various products, shows how to use them and shows the results. They will also answer any questions you might have related to a particular problem or they will give you their opinion of a certain product. Both sites are free and provide a wealth of information. Which ever product/s you choose remember you only have one person to satisfy and that's YOU.
Jay

Jay knows his stuff. :buffer:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Primo is that you? Thanks for the compliment
Jay