Quick question re: cat scratches...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jssmith76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok,

I'm sure you all know where this is heading... The truck stays outside in the driveway overnight. There's a few cats in the neighborhood. I noticed this morning that there are some scratches from their claws on the left of the front bumper and above the left headlight. It appears just from getting up on the truck, and down from it. Not being used as a scratching post or anything. the scratches look like they are light and just into the clear a little bit, not down to the metal or anything.

I was wondering if that stuff you see on TV (can't remember the name) that you apply like wax, then buff out with a rag in your hand to eliminate (or hide) the scratches actually works? Or what you all think would be the best option to clean it up.

Thanks,
Josh

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You'd need paint corrections to eliminate the scratches. Not as easy as wax or as cheap.

I suggest you get yourself a .22 or something less deadly like a paintball gun and end the cat problem before you spend a bunch on paint corrections just to have them scratch it up again

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They probably need to be polished out. It's a lot easier to polish with a buffer but you can do it by hand--just a lot more work. Polish then re-seal and then wax. Always use the least abrasive solution first. My cat got a couple of flying lessons before she learned not to get on the truck---:naughty:
Jay

OP
OP
jssmith76

jssmith76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ted Nugent may be able to help, sorry I could not help myself

I knew this was gonna open up a can of "anti-cat" flames.. Hahahahaha

So far, polish, seal, wax. Looks like I'll have to get an electrical hand buffer now. What brand you all think I should go with? Mothers, Turtle, Meguiers, etc...? If that don;t work, I guess I'll have to see about this "paint corrections" method...

The War Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 Magnum
sling.jpg

Benelli M1 Super 90 cat repellent! :flamingdevil:

I'd sooner fill my truck with speed holes, than give a cat the SATISFACTION of sitting on a DODGE! I use Magnum slugs, for reference.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Look at the Porter Cable buffers. Sometimes autogeek has them on sale--maybe amazon or some place like that. Learn about pads also. Different colors do different jobs. Look at some of the U tube presentations on autogeek about "paint correction". They do an excellent job.
Jay

Last edited: