Safe road tar remover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cajun87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The hwy dept just finished repaving the road I have to commute on every day, and now I need to get the tar and asphalt bits out of my wheel wells and side of my truck. I want to know what is the safest tar remover to use on the painted surfaces of my truck. I have specks of tar all the way up to the door handles on both sides of my truck (I only drove 20 mph!). I got this stuff called tarminator for under the wheel wells and it works pretty good but I'm not sure about putting that on my paint. I tried some wd-40 on the paint by the bumper but its pretty weak and doesn't remove much.

scottyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been using Tarminator for the last couple years, it works very well and I have never had an issue using it on my truck or on any other car I detail.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Wd40

OP
OP
cajun87

cajun87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man if i used wd40 it would take a week to do one panel. I have a lot of tar and wd just doesn't cut it.

Im glad to know that the tarminator is pretty safe. Ill probably just use that.

scottyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man if i used wd40 it would take a week to do one panel. I have a lot of tar and wd just doesn't cut it.

Im glad to know that the tarminator is pretty safe. Ill probably just use that.

If you are weary of using it, try it in small doses. Spray some on a clean microfibre towel then onto the truck, rather than spraying the effected areas directly until you feel confident with the product.

shaftman_05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you want the safest that mopar (should) stand behind use theirs. Smells like mineral spirits to me...

Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just had this problem a couple weeks ago; WD40 took me about ten minutes per panel .

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joeyoliver45