Showing off what I've learned. Paint correction in progress.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ct18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Paint looks great. I did the same thing when i had my black f150 and when i traded in on my Ram the salesman was amazed at the age and millage of the truck. I did the same basic set up but with the porter cable DA, love the Megs 105/205 combo. I also went with the Coli on the black and it really popped. I have since continued my sickness into a little side business. The clay bar process is as important as they get.

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Paint looks great. I did the same thing when i had my black f150 and when i traded in on my Ram the salesman was amazed at the age and millage of the truck. I did the same basic set up but with the porter cable DA, love the Megs 105/205 combo. I also went with the Coli on the black and it really popped. I have since continued my sickness into a little side business. The clay bar process is as important as they get.

Clay process is one that takes a bit of practice, but it's immensely important. I vastly underestimated how much contamination would be on a brand new truck.

I just received my new order from theragcompany.com. Needed some more detailing towels, some glass towels and some drying towels. They even threw in a microfiber mitt. Can't wait to try them out next weekend.

ubyV2lX.png
UQ4WlYa.png

Really can't say enough about the company. Great people to deal with and an AWESOME product.

Last edited:

Dane@TheRagCompany

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks Sam, we're happy to help anytime! :favorites13:

Clay process is one that takes a bit of practice, but it's immensely important. I vastly underestimated how much contamination would be on a brand new truck.

I just received my new order from theragcompany.com. Needed some more detailing towels, some glass towels and some drying towels. They even threw in a microfiber mitt. Can't wait to try them out next weekend.

ubyV2lX.png
UQ4WlYa.png

Really can't say enough about the company. Great people to deal with and an AWESOME product.

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got to use some of my newer products and have a trip this weekend, needed to clean the big girl up.

oQ1Z5L3.png
scYP1ST.png
pMx3SCA.png
Gh5PUdE.png

Next time I have a weekend that's free, I'm going to work the paint on her. She's definitely has her defects.

ralphdees

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L V6 engine
Got to use some of my newer products and have a trip this weekend, needed to clean the big girl up.

oQ1Z5L3.png
scYP1ST.png
pMx3SCA.png
Gh5PUdE.png

Next time I have a weekend that's free, I'm going to work the paint on her. She's definitely has her defects.

Looks good! I don't usually like white trucks but this still looks well maintained.

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Appreciate the compliments. I wish I would have gotten a different color as well, but maybe in time. It could be a blessing in disguise. I've been trying to keep it in good shape, but it's hard to see defects in white. Hopefully I get white figured out and all other colors will become easier!

Loaded

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
That is a great looking job. I am fast seeing a need for better paint care with my black truck. Thanks for the writeup!

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is a great looking job. I am fast seeing a need for better paint care with my black truck. Thanks for the writeup!

No problem at all. If you have any questions, I'll try my best to answer them!

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
I have about $200 in supplies right now. Which is more than necessary, and you can get other supplies for cheaper. It can get a little pricey, but if you do a friend or co-workers car, you can charge them $100ish and have a good amount of your money back. That's what I've been doing!

Nice work, the reflection of the shop is crystal clear. If you are ever in the Phillt\S. Jersey area, I have a Ram and Charger R\T, both in Briiliant Black, that could use your talents.

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So do you clay bar after your weekly maintenance wash?

My cars stay in the garage, so they don't need to be clayed every week. I would only clay the car before you are about to work the paint and/or wax. its very important that the paint be clean as possible before you clay. You dont want to embed any particles to the paint with clay. Personally i would clay twice a year. Once in spring to remove all the garbage from winter, and once in fall. To apply wax before winter again.

Nice work, the reflection of the shop is crystal clear. If you are ever in the Phillt\S. Jersey area, I have a Ram and Charger R\T, both in Briiliant Black, that could use your talents.

:roflsquared: right on! I wouldn't mind helping at all. Thanks for the compliment!

Loaded

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Awesome. I have been doing lots of reading and I think the twice a year will keep me going. I dont need to get as crazy as most with what I'm doing. Thanks!

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome. I have been doing lots of reading and I think the twice a year will keep me going. I dont need to get as crazy as most with what I'm doing. Thanks!

I think twice a year for mine are fine at least. But something like my work vehicle may need it every 3 month or so. Luckily it's supplied by work and I don't care about the paint.:roflsquared::roflsquared:

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Washed the car today. Used ONR for the first time and it worked well. Of course once I started moving all the water seeped out of the creases and the car has water spots all over it.

Side note, I'm worried about a upcoming spun rod bearing. Oil pressure is low at hot idle and I'm starting to get nervous. I'll be changing the oil this weekend and we'll see what I find.

Sun came up as I started to drive the car so I couldn't get any good pics, but here's a few shots.

LQF2Bwk.png
brhOB6o.png
OAQL5Bx.png
TD0Z9cG.png

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you haven't spent enough money yet you might try this little trick. I bought some Opti Spray Wax from Autogeek and use it(as directed) about every other time after my weekly wash. It's one of the best spray waxes according to a lot of professional detailers on autopia. I have started to put about 3/4 of a cup of the liquid wax in my wash bucket(6 gallon) along with my Meg 62 wash soap and then just wash as usual using the 2 bucket method. I think the results are excellent.
Jay

OP
OP
tipnitty

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you haven't spent enough money yet you might try this little trick. I bought some Opti Spray Wax from Autogeek and use it(as directed) about every other time after my weekly wash. It's one of the best spray waxes according to a lot of professional detailers on autopia. I have started to put about 3/4 of a cup of the liquid wax in my wash bucket(6 gallon) along with my Meg 62 wash soap and then just wash as usual using the 2 bucket method. I think the results are excellent.
Jay

I'll definitely give that a shot. I've been wanting to try this ONR since we are still in a water ban here in OK. Last time I tried to wash my truck I almost got a $500 ticket. I've heard of the Opti spray but never heard of it being adding it like that. Wonder how it would work with the ONR.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I haven't heard of anyone else adding the wax to their wash bucket either, I just thought I'd give it a try and I am realllllly happy with the results. After using it this way I had to buy a gallon of the wax---LOL Read about it on Autogeek and see what you think of the wax itself.
Jay