swirl marks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How does fukken do on swirl marks. My sisters black car has some pretty bad swirl marks on the hood. Would fukken get rid of them

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
glad to see this was answered while I was working today. :D

Fukken is a great detail wax - but not something to be used on harsh scratches, etc.

Thanks fellas!

Torque

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Meguires Scratch X is what you want. I use it on my truck about once a year to strip the wax and remove swirls and light scratches. You can get it at Autozone/Checker/etc

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
Scratch-X is ok for VERY light scratches and blemishes, but its not what you want for a large job like removing swirl marks.

Adams Swirl and Haze Remover plus a DA orbital buffer is what you want. Makes light work of a large job. Eric and Thompsons Racing will hook you up.

If you're doing a small job, the scratch-x is fine, but for anything more than a large panel, you'll want to do it right (your arm will thank you)

OP
OP
bigtigga84

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
see using the buffer scares me. never used one before and i'd be afraid i'd make it worse.

ROKTMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I three step my truck and car.Now there is very little bad swirl marks since they are show cars .3M Machine Polish, 3M Ultimate Machine Polish followed by the wax of your choice.I use the Turtle Wax Black Box System.

For deep swirls as mentioned you need a more aggressive cutting compound ,followed by the other three steps I mentioned.If you aren`t skilled in the use of a buffer by all means get a professional to do it.I have my own detailer that does all my cars as I don`t have the expertise needed to get a show cars ready for national shows.

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
The Porter Cable that Adams sells in combination with there pads is LITERALLY idiot proof. Its pretty much impossible to burn through your clear coat. You seriously cant go wrong with this system. You'll pay more to get a pro to do it than you would for this system and its one of the best money can buy.

Roktman, have you used other stuff before? I used the Turtle Wax black box and really wasnt impressed with the results for the amount of effort required

ROKTMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yea Aaron.I have been showing cars for 27 years and have used most everything.I have used Yellow Wax back in the day,Zaino,NXT ,the carnubas from the commercial detail supplies and everything in between.I thought the Black Box lasted longer with a better shine than anything i used. ( i don`t drive in the rain or snow)i don`t do the work myself but the detailer liked the easy on an off....so? Dunno.

Torque

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use one of these for when I use Scratch X and puttin on the wax:

RB60K_1_Final.jpg

It was cheap and is very light. Might take longer to do the big body panels, but works great for around the windows and small spots. I'll work on the larger blemishes by hand but this and Scratch X works awesome for taking out the light swirl marks for me.

After a few coats of yellow carnuba, my truck will start getting a green tint to it. Stripping the entire truck with Scratch X gets rid of that.