Swirl Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramsfan78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So I bought a Porter-Cable 7424 DA Polisher and am going to be tacking some minor swirls that I see in my paint. Anyone have any good suggestions on the best swirl removal compound to use. Also, any suggestions on a good procedure would be helpful too. Example, wash then dry, clay bar then swirl removal then polish then seal/wax. Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
We have a nice little kit here that will get you both of the polishes and corresponding pads to take care of any defects in your clear coat when used with the PC:

Machine Polishing Kit | Foam Pads| Auto Detailing Kits

Your steps are correct...wash, clay, polish, seal/glaze/wax of your choice.

We have two videos below that show our polishes in action, specifically with the PC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XVa-RKGjI8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ0x1B6Bwcs

Take a look through those and let me know if you have any other questions!

blackexpress13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Adams does work good I've used it but shine supply classic cut and classic polish is FANTASTIC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wolfgang makes a good polish that I have had great results from. Take a look at autogeek. They handle a lot of different brands(not Adam's) and most of the products they sell are used by professional detailers.
Jay

RAtmosphere

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 3500 Dually
Engine
5.9 Cummins - 12,800 original miles
I use Shine Supply as well....Classic Cut, Classic polish, Kruz NIght Glaze, their Ride Shine detailer, car wash, and Daddy-O Paint Sealant. Great Stuff.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wolfgang makes a good polish that I have had great results from. Take a look at autogeek. They handle a lot of different brands(not Adam's) and most of the products they sell are used by professional detailers.
Jay

:33:
+1 on Wolfgangs swirl remover.
While you are at it pick up some 1Z or EinsZ German polish and wax. I use it, awesome stuff.
My 2 year old truck sits in ocean-salt-water-air and the sun all day, and the paint looks better than the day I bought it.

Just remember, it will take about 5 hours to do the job. 2 hours of waxing, and 3 hours of standing there admiring it! :)

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Definitely check out Adam's. Love their products! And as a member of RF.com, you get 10% off your purchases. Watch their videos too. I have spent a lot of time watching all their videos. I am hoping to use their products tomorrow on my truck.

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
I'm going to try some of this Adam's stuff.

parttimer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wolfgang twins, TSR and FG, get a free sample of deep gloss sealant and your set.

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
Thanks for your kind words and recommendations guys!! :happy160:

OP
OP
Ramsfan78

Ramsfan78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Ok. So I started in on this today with my DA and since I am unsure of my abilities on the the machine and with all the horror stories out there on the inter-web about how some inexperienced guy burned through his paint, I decided to use some Meguiars Swirl-X followed by Meguiars Ultimate Polish. I only did a couple all sections because I wanted to see what it would look like at different times throughout the day. All-in-all I was pretty happy until I saw some holograms! My question now is how would one go about removing these? They are by no means severe and only are on a small portion if what I did. Any ideas?

OP
OP
Ramsfan78

Ramsfan78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Update:
I put a thin coat of wax on the area with the holograms and they're gone. Does this mean they're not in fact holograms? Help me out boys!

OP
OP
Ramsfan78

Ramsfan78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Yea. Go ahead and try that on yours and post up some pics.

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
What is your DA tool? Rotary buffers will cause those holograms, and according to Adams you will have to go back over it with an orbital buffer.

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Have you had a chance to watch any of the videos on Adams website? From what they said, it's pretty hard to burn through paint with your type of tool. The rotary buffer is where you can get into trouble with that.

OP
OP
Ramsfan78

Ramsfan78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Ya. That's why I bought the porter cable 7424. It isn't burned. Just knight holograms. However, after I out wax on it, they're all gone.