Turtle Wax black box.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
OK with the Fukken Wax- is that the best choice for the FIRST wax on a new truck? I really want my base coat to be the best thing for long term shine and resistance to elements, etc.

Fukken is a waterless wash / detail wax. Its all I have used on my truck, and has made her look amazing!

If you are looking for a long term solution, it may be best to start with a more traditional wax, then keep that beautiful shine with Fukken.

EJM05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
440 Big Block
0212353 said:
Fukken is a waterless wash / detail wax. Its all I have used on my truck, and has made her look amazing!

If you are looking for a long term solution, it may be best to start with a more traditional wax, then keep that beautiful shine with Fukken.

X2!!!!

5.7HemiSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Few more questions.

How long does each application last?
How often are you guys applying a coat of Fukkenwax?
Does water bead off like normal Carnuba?
Is it available locally or is there a special order site?

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Few more questions.

How long does each application last?
How often are you guys applying a coat of Fukkenwax?
Does water bead off like normal Carnuba?
Is it available locally or is there a special order site?

It lasts about 2-3 months - depending on your weather, etc.
I apply every time I "wash" my truck!
It is a spray carnauba - mine still beads and I am ashamed to say that I haven't cleaned her in months.
Not typically found locally in the states. We sell via www.fukkenwax.ca - and we have discount codes available in our vendor forum here. :D

5.7HemiSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cool, gonna look into that.

Hoping to see high '50's today and at least get a good wash/ wax done. More snow in near future. I can't go on driving through the sand/sludge with nothing between my paint and oils/grease/tar... I'm queasy just thinking about it.

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Well let us know how it turn out.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Most "wax" lasts about 4-6 weeks with the exception of Collinite 845, which in my experience, lasts about 3 months, depending on weather conditions etc. If you want something that is long lasting, protects well and gives excellent depth and shine, try a sealant(Zanio or Wolfgang) first(sealant last for about 6 months) and then top it with Collinite. Everyone has their own personal preferences but this combination has worked well for me and it doesn't cost you a mint. Quality detail products are available at autogeek.net. They also explain the different products and their use. The down side is their shipping costs are a little high.
Jay

Last edited: