the underside, who else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Anyone else like me that is obsessed with a clean truck? So far this week I have pulled off the two rear rims/tires and wiped down anything that my eyes focused on, after this I jacked it up and repeated the wipe down thing. Today I grabbed the paint and hit all the metal ie axles, drive shaft, brackets ,yada yada with black paint, the pumpkin got a nice (3 coats) of chrome. What a difference! Later this week I will pull the fronts off and repeat.

Just to give you an idea of my ocd my 09 GT500 has 2400 miles and 219 coats of polish/wax. How do I know how many coats, easy I write each coat down on the calendar as well as what time I start and finish etc,:favorites13:

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As easy as these things rust--diff's and drive shaft for example, you almost have to get underneath them and keep them painted and cleaned up. I used to do it a lot more often than I do now, but I still do it from time to time(just to old to roll around on the creeper anymore).
Jay

Kaiserstatt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's pathetic how these trucks rust, seems Dodge would have to know that it's a common problem?

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
It's pathetic how these trucks rust, seems Dodge would have to know that it's a common problem?

Iron has always and will always oxidize. Vehicles made of steel will rust. Guess you can call it a common problem lol
Dont we all wish dodge made the RamLorean!
Imagine a vehicle where the body and the drivetrain last forever!

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone else like me that is obsessed with a clean truck? So far this week I have pulled off the two rear rims/tires and wiped down anything that my eyes focused on, after this I jacked it up and repeated the wipe down thing. Today I grabbed the paint and hit all the metal ie axles brackets yada yada with black paint, the pumpkin got a nice (3 coats) of chrome. What a difference! Later this week I will pull the fronts off and repeat.

Just to give you an idea of my ocd my 09 GT500 has 2400 miles and 219 coats of polish/wax. How do I know how many coats, easy I write each coat down on the calendar as well as what time I start and finish etc,:favorites13:

I did mine a few times, nothing like a waxed belly. However, I am sure once the honeymoon period is over between myself and the Ram, it wont be occuring again. I even bought a creeper yesterday HAHAHA!

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As easy as these things rust--diff's and drive shaft for example, you almost have to get underneath them and keep them painted and cleaned up. I used to do it a lot more often than I do now, but I still do it from time to time(just to old to roll around on the creeper anymore).
Jay

What do you recommend to paint the diff housing with? I dont really fancy getting over spray all over the other parts there. thanks.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use a rust inhibitor, then a primer, then paint with a glossy or flat black spray paint. I usually mask off my Mag diff cover and try to mask the shocks.
Jay

OP
OP
T

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I am not sure if I put down more paint on my hands or the drive shaft but it looks mighty fine now.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sometimes those rattle cans can be a bit challenging. I usually try to point the hole in the nozzle the other direction---LOL
Jay

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are pictures of my truck in the "Members Truck" section, and included in those is, I think 1 picture showing the rear diff of my truck. I don't have any others but next time I get under the truck I'll snap a few.
Jay

endo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any opinions on getting under the truck and coating it with POR15. I hated the cab corner rust on my 02 Chevy and want this truck to stay looking great.

I also thought about getting the POR15 putty to fill in the body panel seams. Again any opinions on this.

Thanks guys