Using wax based car wash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Needaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Would it be safe to use the car wash products that have the wax mixed in for the shine with my bedliner on the rockers?

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm sure the guys will chime in for you soon :)

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Ive always used a soap with carniva wax then use trim dressing on the rockers and flares

OP
OP
Needaram

Needaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So it didnt do any damage to the bedliner?

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
no, you should be fine, only fine buffing, like hardcore buffing will it smooth out, i mean i did something like this when i had my old truck, and had plastidip on there(matte black) and it looked the exact same

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Nah, if your hoping the wax in the soap shines the bedliner up some it wont but it wont leave a white residue on it either like regular wax will

If you want a darker black, try Lucas Oil trim dressing, it made a difference in the bedliner with out really makeing it shiney

Buffing bedliner is just going to tear up your buffing pad lol

OP
OP
Needaram

Needaram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was worried about the residue. And Ill try that stuff thanks.

Bad Habit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Modded 4.7l
If you want to dress up your bed liner buy jaxwax super blue and sprayit on and it will look just like new, you can also use it to dress any black plastic your rubber tires um anything that is black and faded will restore it back to new

on tapatalk from my GS3....

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A good sealant/wax does not leave any residue nor stains trim. I used to think all wax dusted, stained trim, etc. Then, I started reading detailing forums, and bought products not found at typical OTC places. Try Duragloss, Collinite, Surf City Garage which can often be found locally. If you want to go mail order, your options are endless. You won't go back to products like Megs NXT, Turtle wax, Armor All, etc...