very tough Windshield water spots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So i made the stupid decision to wash my truck in 100 degree weather in direct sunlight.... maybe 3 times :baby: lol. anyway now my windshield has baked on water spots EVERYWHERE. ive tried some industrial strength glass cleaner and it did nothing. then i turned to google and saw tons of people say mix white vinegar with lemon juice, spray it on and let it sit for about 10 minutes then wash off and itll clean any spots.... so i carefully taped/covered all my surrounding pain (and decals lol) and did it and nothing, thought ok well maybe i just need to scrub it with the mixture so i resprayed it on, scrubbed with a old towel and sprayed more after, let it sit, washed it off and it literally did nothing. its to the point where when the sun hits my glass i can hardly see through it, it sucks and looks awful. any advice would be great

ckeefer58

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My truck had spots like that when I bought it. I never tried vinegar and lemon juice, but no normal glass cleaners would touch it. I got some Invisible Glass water spot remover and a window blade sponge from rain-x. All I did was squeeze the remover on the sponge, scrub a small area, and then buffed with a microfiber towel. It took forever, but got every last baked on spot off my windshield.
a02074ac82d1c00b43654edb3f9dfb83.jpg
a65f3f633e890107069d5b0a8c645880.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome thanks guys. i never seen that invisible glass stuff before, and ill definitely buy one of those 3 in 1 deals kuz i always love little detailing things like that lol. didnt even think about the razor blades. thanks for the responses guys :happy107: with this ill finally be able to see again ha

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
This is my step by step guide to a brilliant car show ready shine or removing water spots. It also works great as a water repellent as well as a barrier for bird poop, and ice freezing.

1. Use glass cleaner to thoroughly clean the windows a couple of times until the rag no longer has any dirt.

2. Use your favorite clay bar, apply glass cleaner on a section and use the clay bar to remove the impurities out of the glass.

3. Use glass cleaner again to remove all the dirt and crud which came to the surface.

4. Apply a thin coat of your favorite carnauba wax, let it sit and buff off. I usually do this step twice.

5. Use rubbing alcohol to thoroughly clean your wiper blades.

You will be amazed at the shine and clarity of the glass when you are done.
I know it seems like a long process but it typically only takes me 30 minutes for my windshield.

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is my step by step guide to a brilliant car show ready shine or removing water spots. It also works great as a water repellent as well as a barrier for bird poop, and ice freezing.

1. Use glass cleaner to thoroughly clean the windows a couple of times until the rag no longer has any dirt.

2. Use your favorite clay bar, apply glass cleaner on a section and use the clay bar to remove the impurities out of the glass.

3. Use glass cleaner again to remove all the dirt and crud which came to the surface.

4. Apply a thin coat of your favorite carnauba wax, let it sit and buff off. I usually do this step twice.

I know it seems like a long process but it typically only takes me 30 minutes for my windshield.

Just because this sounds like my glass will look brilliant i am going to do this whenever the weather allows me to. thanks for the tips!

Deepc6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Etorque
Just because this sounds like my glass will look brilliant i am going to do this whenever the weather allows me to. thanks for the tips!

You will not be disappointed, I recommend taking some before and after pictures, if you remember do it again after a rain storm.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Thanks, don't know why I didn't think of carnuba and the buffer, as nothing else works. Here in FL, it rains while it is still sunny and 100 degrees out. Water spots are a constant problem for me.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If its hard water spots there is an easy trick. First you need shade, thats the hardest part. Once you have a cool windshield take a rag and soak it with white vinegar (cleaning vinegar) and get the windshield saturated. Let it soak for a few minutes, then the 2nd part is the tricky part. You need a solution of distilled water, vinegar, and rubbing alcohol, equal parts. Use a few dry clean towels and clean the windshield with that it will be the cleanest its ever been. That 2nd solution is what i use on all glass, never streaks, never hazes.

Also Im in Florida

jeffstoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I had a silicone build up from Rainex, I called them and they recommended Softscrub. I bought the cheaper supermarket brand and it worked great. It did not scratch the glass at all. I am sure it will take off water spots. If not, you can use it in the kitchen. Nothing to mix. Shake it up, squirt a little on and rub at the spots. It is not an aerosol so you can keep it off the paint

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ramportin1

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love this forum :peace: lots of ideas i never knew or thought about

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
So i made the stupid decision to wash my truck in 100 degree weather in direct sunlight.... maybe 3 times :baby: lol. anyway now my windshield has baked on water spots EVERYWHERE. ive tried some industrial strength glass cleaner and it did nothing. then i turned to google and saw tons of people say mix white vinegar with lemon juice, spray it on and let it sit for about 10 minutes then wash off and itll clean any spots.... so i carefully taped/covered all my surrounding pain (and decals lol) and did it and nothing, thought ok well maybe i just need to scrub it with the mixture so i resprayed it on, scrubbed with a old towel and sprayed more after, let it sit, washed it off and it literally did nothing. its to the point where when the sun hits my glass i can hardly see through it, it sucks and looks awful. any advice would be great

My experience with tough water spots on glass is, I always ended up polishing the glass. Use the same machine, pads and polish that you would use on your paint.
I used my Swirl Killer, orange pad and Correcting Polish.
Hope this helps!
I