Water Blade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anybody using a Water Blade Squeegee on there truck if so what do you think of them and do they actually work

SJP_1809

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Never tried it before, I use a electric leaf blower to dry my truck off.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
They work pretty well. You just have to be really careful you don't get anything stuck to them.

Forcepro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is the chance to drag debris along the paint with it.

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
If you aren't super careful you can scratch your paint with them, better to use a MF drying towel.

Bounty79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Use to work at a detail shop and i loved them. Yes keep the blade clean.

Neat trick: buy yourself some cheap spray wax, spray detailer. Spray each panel one at a time, while still wet. Water beads off much easier. Hit with the water blade quick and then wipe with a clean chamois. Makes drying a large vehicle super easy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I use my gas leaf blower to dry followed by Chemical guys woolly mammoths microfiber towel. Works great and you'll never get water running down from lights, emblems or anything. Plus reduces the amount you have to drag something over the paint

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I don't trust those water squeegees at all. I use microfiber drying towels, lightly pre-moistened with detailing spray (I like Adam's Detailing Spray, Griot's Garage, and Meguiar's Ultimate). Lightly mist the vehicle and your microfiber drying towel with your favorite detailing spray as you dry pulling your towel in one direction. This helps not only to clean up the particles that you may have missed while washing, most detailing sprays also act as a protective layer to further help protect your paint finish. Lubrication is key. Much better than dragging a dry rag across your paint, and if you do things right you shouldn't end up with water stains or anything else like that. I use this technique when I hand wash and dry, and even when I get out of the car wash. Just be sure to fold your towel and flip sides when it starts to get too wet, using a couple of different drying towels is best as you minimize the amount of debris in the towel that you've collected touching your paint.

I learned the technique from a friend who professionally details and it's worked for me for a long time now. If you do it all right you'll have nice clean glass, and a nice clean finish and the coating left by your detailing spray will help with beading.

Last edited: