Wax intervals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have searched this a lot can't seem to find my circumstance. So I have two cars ram of course and a VW. When I was I usually used zymol cleaner wax! I was wondering how long does cleaner was last for! I have a subscription to this car was which is 40 a month for unlimited washes, so I was the truck about 2 times a week!

Also my VW is heavily oxidized and I sanded and polished the whole car and waxed it and it's starting to turn again! Wondering what are my best options for my circumstance

I usually wax both of them every 3 months

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Joshwaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 CC 4x4 Laramie AirRide
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cleaner waxes do not last long at all. Look into sealants and coatings if you was that often.

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cleaner waxes do not last long at all. Look into sealants and coatings if you was that often.

+1. I would recommend you invest in a high quality sealant. My favorite is Blackfire Wet Diamond. It lasts an average of 3 months depending on circumstances. As frequently as you wash it, I'd imagine it wouldn't last nearly as long. If you park either vehicle outside, it will last an even shorter time frame. Given your wash patterns alone, I'd recommend sealing at least 6 times a year.

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
+1. I would recommend you invest in a high quality sealant. My favorite is Blackfire Wet Diamond. It lasts an average of 3 months depending on circumstances. As frequently as you wash it, I'd imagine it wouldn't last nearly as long. If you park either vehicle outside, it will last an even shorter time frame. Given your wash patterns alone, I'd recommend sealing at least 6 times a year.

Cool! What about an oxidized car?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use Wolfgang 3.0 sealant. It will last for about 6 months, depending on how often you wash your truck and depending on whether you park inside or outside. A good wax will only last for about 3-4 weeks. A "coating" will last for about 2 years. Many people use a sealant as a base and then top it with a good wax, which will give you a deeper shine and also it will give you some added protection. Use a spray detailer after you wash ie; Opti Spray Car Wax, for added protection in between full details. Coatings are realllly expensive but provide the longest protection.
Jay

Stegs

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
5.2L 318 C.I.
I use Wolfgang 3.0 sealant. It will last for about 6 months, depending on how often you wash your truck and depending on whether you park inside or outside. A good wax will only last for about 3-4 weeks. A "coating" will last for about 2 years. Many people use a sealant as a base and then top it with a good wax, which will give you a deeper shine and also it will give you some added protection. Use a spray detailer after you wash ie; Opti Spray Car Wax, for added protection in between full details. Coatings are realllly expensive but provide the longest protection.
Jay

a good wax only last 3-4 weeks? :****sweak::suicide: Im sorry but i beg to differ on this

I dont know what kind of wax you use, but the wax i use last 6 months or longer.

To the OP, want a good wax, that doesnt cost alot of money, the will last you a long time (little goes a long way) and holds up for 6 months plus?

You want COLLINITE 845 insulator wax

Wash your car
clay bar
apply a very very thin amount of collinite 845

enjoy shine, and protection for the next 6 months

touch up with d156 after every wash, you could push a year on the collinite.

3-4 weeks for a wax, id throw that stuff away asap....not worth another second dealing with it.

COLLINITE 845! DONE

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use Collinite 845 to top the Wolfgang 3.0 sealant, have used this combination for a few years and have had great success with it. If you believe that wax alone will outlast sealant then by all means continue what you have had success with. Thanks for your helpful information thought. However, I think I'll stick to my choice of products as they seem to be the choice of many professional detailers and they have served me well in the past.
Jay

Last edited:

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
PCT, this weekend... My Deep Cherry Pearl paint on my '12 quad cab will get 2 stage wet sand EVERYWHERE and a third stage if needed at others. Then polish on top of that of course to finish the professional buff job.

I searched and decided to give Wolfgang 3.0 sealant and Collonite 845 combo post buff job.

I will post some pics of results if you like :)

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
PCT, this weekend... My Deep Cherry Pearl paint on my '12 quad cab will get 2 stage wet sand EVERYWHERE and a third stage if needed at others. Then polish on top of that of course to finish the professional buff job.

I searched and decided to give Wolfgang 3.0 sealant and Collonite 845 combo post buff job.

I will post some pics of results if you like :)

Sound good. I want to polish my truck but i feel it to be useless unless its oxidized? Otherwise your just shaving down a little clear coat...

Post some pics when your done

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sound good. I want to polish my truck but i feel it to be useless unless its oxidized? Otherwise your just shaving down a little clear coat...

Post some pics when your done

Well best case is a REAL buff job where they remove/melt/whatever the scratches on clear coat then finish with polish. Cheaper buff job will still look good at first but just fills in the scratches. I think a friend of mine got his black F-350 King Ranch done for 180 at reputable local detail shop, and that was $50 extra for black. IMO if one doesn't want to spend 500-700 for a body shop buff job there is nothing wrong with the "filler" type jobs.

I don't know enough though to properly advise you, only say what I have learned from others here and share the process.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
clay bar your truck really good and use this. works GREAT!
Iron X Iron Remover, CQuartz IronX, Paint Cleaner, paint decontamination

then use this. it is a very well thought of synthetic (acrylic, not wax) sealant
Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze, klasse SG sealant, klasse sealant glase,klasse sealant

it took me a full weekend to do my whole truck (crew, long bed) but the stuff really does last at least 6 months (up to 12). i am on 1.5 months right now and water beads up like i did it yesterday.

Joshwaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 CC 4x4 Laramie AirRide
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Klasse is some good stuff. I have not used it in a while. The Klasse AIO was good at removing light oxidation. I have GTechniq on my truck now and have never looked back. I kid you not the water doesn't just beed. It looks like it running for its life off of the paint.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Klasse is some good stuff. I have not used it in a while. The Klasse AIO was good at removing light oxidation. I have GTechniq on my truck now and have never looked back. I kid you not the water doesn't just beed. It looks like it running for its life off of the paint.

which of their products are you referring to? id like to try it.

OP
OP
PCT

PCT

2019 2500 6.4
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
465b6ae847e790e2556c1f77111d04f8.jpg

Is this a good paint sealer, by P&S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
If your local car wash is using hydrofluoric acid (which most car washes do) your wax is pretty much gone after every wash, no joke. I'm in the car wash business so I know. Some car washes do not, but most do...it makes it much easier to clean cars when using that stuff....but it's not very good for your finishes. And if it's a "touchless" wash...I can guarantee they're using hydrofluoric