Wax and polish

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
So, last summer when I bought my 2500, from the recommendations here by a few on a different thread (started by someone else) several of you said they liked the Turtle Wax Ice wax. It has worked great both times on my Ram. However, when I waxed my truck today I didn't remember the wax being so thin, as in low viscosity, when poured from the bottle. It tended to make a mess of everything with my porter cable. Don't get me wrong, I love the final product, it wipes away very easily and doesn't turn everything white. No problems if it gets on plastic, etc.

Not sure if it would help my mental state about the viscosity of the Ice product but do you have any other recommendations for a wax that performs as well as the Ice but is a bit thicker and less messy when used with my PC? I know this all sounded trivial but I gotta find something else to use.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use Wolfgang 3.0 Sealant first and then top it with Collinite 845. A good sealant will last about 6 months and a good wax will only last about 3 weeks. I use my Porter Cable when I do the tonneau cover and top and have not had any trouble with"sling". When you use the Collinite it needs too be a room temp or a little warmer as it tends to thicken up in the container in cold weather. You can read about these products on autogeek.net.
Jay

2014moparam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
If you are going the sealant, the wolfgang is good, my go to is HD Poxy. Goes on VERY easily, about an ounce to an ounce and and a half per vehicle, and lasts a SOLID 6-8 months, depending how clean you keep your vehicle.

Also, storage is a HUGE factor in how product holds up. If you keep your products in a garage that gets down to freezing temps, it will significantly decrease the shelf life.

homeguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use chemical guys stuff. The wax I use is butter wet wax. Love the smell of that stuff

carl0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
CG products are good. I also like using the Duragloss 111. It gives long lasting shine.

hardcore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Did you clay the paint before applying the wax? It would be a great prep to do so also my recommendation is use Klasse twin, not only it will protect the paint, but also clean the surface before the protection.

dkeith942

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I use chemical guys stuff. The wax I use is butter wet wax. Love the smell of that stuff
Haha! I love the smell of it too! Good wax!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Stegs

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
5.2L 318 C.I.
Chemical guys has great products. On my black truck i use petes 53 and its fantastic

But if your looking for cheap wax, with great shine and protection, you want collinite 845

Goes on easy, comes of easier! Lasts and lasts....

youtube it, after using it 2 times it quickly became my go to wax...really no need for anything else

I do however enjoy collinite for the water beating, then a light coat of petes 53 for the oil slick black look on my black 98

MTLHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
i used rainx ultra liquid today and I'm impressed.Leaves a nice finish and really easy to apply.I will take pics next week when i do a complete detail.