Wax/Sealer on matte black decal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For those of you who have the matte black Sport Performance Hood decal or something similar in a matte black, what do you use on it to keep it looking good?

When you're waxing/sealing your truck, do you just avoid the matte decal like the plague or are you using a wax or sealer that doesn't leave the white chalky residue behind.

Attachments

• Hood Stripes.jpg
    Hood Stripes.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 1,069

ramittome

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use Killerwaxx. Not sure if you heard of it before, but it's all I use. When I'm waxing my truck, I just go over all the decals as well. Never went around anything in the past either on any of my other vehicles. The wax isn't like a normal wax that dries white. It's 100% carnauba wax, so it's got kind of a greasy feel to it if I had to describe it, but basically you do one panel at a time but putting it on, then immediately wipe it off and it stays on for about 6 months.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
A synthetic wax won't be an issue either. I know Meguires NXT 2.0 goes over decals with no residue, I haven't used my Wolfgang stuff on decals yet so we'll see.

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For those of you who have the matte black Sport Performance Hood decal or something similar in a matte black, what do you use on it to keep it looking good?

When you're waxing/sealing your truck, do you just avoid the matte decal like the plague or are you using a wax or sealer that doesn't leave the white chalky residue behind.

Nice color what is that one called ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
joeygster

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice color what is that one called ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's called Ceramic Blue...it's not mine though....just an example of the decal that will be going on my Bright White Sport.

OP
OP
joeygster

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

MrHarleyGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Meguiar's X-Press Spray Wax is what I use. Smells great too.

carl0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Turtlewax Ice Spray wax is a versatile product. It can be used on almost everything, without leaving any white residue.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A synthetic wax won't be an issue either. I know Meguires NXT 2.0 goes over decals with no residue, I haven't used my Wolfgang stuff on decals yet so we'll see.

I used my Wolfgang sealer over top of my matte black hood decal and it screwed it up.....left white chalky residue. It took a good wash and my turtle wax jet black to mostly correct it. At least this was my experience.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
sir john, which syn wax screwed up the decal? tks