wax suggestion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Georges98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
With the dish soap thing, some people do use it to remove the prior wax and stuff, myself I'll use Meg's Deep Crystal (The cheap stuff) because in theory I'll be removing previous wax when I decontaminate the paint (Clay, Compound, etc).

For maintenance washes (In between your big details/waxings etc) I like a good soap like Gold Class Shampoo, or Wash N Wax, Hyperwash etc.

Haven't tried the Adams stuff yet, but I'd like to one day

As far as the Fukken goes, I'm sure its a nice Quick Detailer, or the like. Replacing a traditional Washing and waxing? Not sure on that.

George

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Car wash products and sealants and waxes are just like ice cream and beer, everyone has their favorite and they all swear they use the best, longest lasting, cheapest and theirs goes on and off without any effort. If you want real world information you can go to two places---
autopia.org-----this is a world wide professional deatiler's site where detailers compare information, products and results of the products they use. They will also answer questions about various products.
autogeek.net---This is a detailer site that compares products, explains the use of products and sells detailer products.
Remember that a good wax will last app. 60 days; a good sealant will last app. 6 months. I would recommend, as others have already said, clay bar your vehicle first to get the surface completely clean. After you clay bar check for small scratches the clay bar may have left. If so, you need to polish the paint to remove the scratches before you seal and or wax it. Always use microfiber towels.
My favorite products for what it's worth are:
Wolfgang 3.0 sealant and then topped with
Collinite 845 Wax .
Jay

Last edited:

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used Mothers for a number of years, then switched to Meg's and remained loyal to that wax for around 15 yrs - tried a few in between but none were satisfactory.

This year, I bought a bottle of the Turtle Wax ICE. I picked it up on sale and after the recommendation of a friend.

I'm very impressed with this stuff. I tried to take pictures of the bottle sitting on the hood, reflecting, but I cannot get the bottle to stay there - it slides off like the hood is greased - even on the FLAT hood of my Challenger.

I've not drunk the Fukken Kool Aid.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Some great suggestions here.
One word of caution; Meg's show car glaze id the devil's tool lol It takes more effort to buff off, even when applied very sparingly, than anything else I've ever used. But it adds a depth unlike any wax alone.

I have not used the Turtle wax Ice, but vouch for Meg's NXT in either liquid or paste; it's SO easy to apply and buff off, and lasts a very long time.

OP
OP
jdeere05

jdeere05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
guys thanks for all the great advice, as well as looking through the net and such, i think i will be trying meguairs as doing all the steps with clay, polish, and waxing....my hats off to you all for the great info and the even better looking clean trucks out there...keep up the clean work and ill get some pics when i get all the stuff to do the detail...

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO the more information you have, you will make better choices of products to use and your results will hopefully be better. Good luck--
Jay

Georges98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
guys thanks for all the great advice, as well as looking through the net and such, i think i will be trying meguairs as doing all the steps with clay, polish, and waxing....my hats off to you all for the great info and the even better looking clean trucks out there...keep up the clean work and ill get some pics when i get all the stuff to do the detail...

Cool!

Just keep messing around with different stuff and combos, pretty soon the detailing aisle at the parts store will be all to familiar lol

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I gotta say I'm excited about Meg's tire foam - I know it's off the topic, but part of the same subject. I used this on my tires and inside my wheel wells and it looks better than when my truck was delivered. I've tried a lot of foams but this one is excellent.

Think I'm gonna try the Meg's NXT

DARKNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I gotta say I'm excited about Meg's tire foam - I know it's off the topic, but part of the same subject. I used this on my tires and inside my wheel wells and it looks better than when my truck was delivered. I've tried a lot of foams but this one is excellent.

Think I'm gonna try the Meg's NXT

does the tire foam make the tires shine? I want to have clean looking tires that shine......BUT every tire shine product that I or anyone else have applied slings off after the detail is done....nothing like spending all that time to wash/was then have to go back to remove tire shine spots off doors and fenders.:banghead:

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good question - do the wheels/tires before you wash the car. The foam should repel the water from a washing. Remember the foam also does a nice job on the fender wells.

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^ I was a Meguiars guy for many years... give ICE a try - it rocks!

CumminsCrazed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins 24v
ive used meguiars since day 1, im a semi pro detailer and ALL i use is Meguiars, most everything everyone has said would be about the same thing id say, heres a pic of a "test spot" i did on my fathers truck after never being previously detailed since new in 2000

IMG_1424.jpg

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^ Great testimonial for stripping the old wax before applying new wax. My buddy's truck had 4 years of wax on his truck - kind of looked like this before a deep claybar clean and an "ICEY" coating.