What's the best to use

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clancaster23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Bighorn
Engine
I bought my '12 Sport just this past October and now that it's warm enough to wash it really well, I can see just a ton of swirls, scratches and water marks in the paint pretty much all over it and it makes it obvious that the previous owner really didn't care about the paint. And to make it worse, it's black so you can see them all. I also hate how you can see a new scratch every time you look at it. But I knew all this when I got it. I just love the look of a black truck when it's all cleaned up. I know how to clean cars well using clay bar and waxing and all that but I have never attempted to correct a whole car let alone a truck. I'm going to pick up an orbital buffer but I want to do this right. What would be the best product for a paint correction job like this? I think Adam's is pretty highly regarded on this forum. Should I go with the paint correction solution they offer or is there something else that someone uses that they think would be better for the job?

Joshwaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 CC 4x4 Laramie AirRide
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OP
OP
C

Clancaster23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Bighorn
Engine
I didn't get one yet but I was planning on getting the 7424xp model. I 'm not really into spending $300+ on a polisher. I'll check out McKee's but I think I'm looking for something a little different, stronger than just a polish, no?

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are as may U tube presentations on "correcting" your paint as there are products to do the job. Autogeek has a good U tube as well as many other well known brands. I have a 7424 that works just fine. It takes a little time but once you get the hang of it it goes pretty quickly(depending on the severity of the damage to your paint). Sort of a rule of thumb is always use the LEAST abrasive solution first, so I'd try a good polish first before going to anything more abrasive. Good luck and post some pic's when your done so we can see your results.
Jay

Joshwaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 CC 4x4 Laramie AirRide
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes try least aggressive method first. Good advice. The reason I recommend the Fast Polish is it has long working time with minimal dusting and is not to abrasive. It is good enough for most swirl marks you will come across. For scratches you might be able to remove some if you use and orange pad or a pad meant for compounding.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963