Window Cleaner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

res1551cue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What is everyone using to clean there windows? I have used everything from RainX to ArmorAll window cleaners but they always seem to streak and fog up or turn hazy after a week. I currently live in Guam which is a tropical climate location where it rains just about everyday so the rain is nothing but saltwater. Also glass cleaner selections are limited. Would waxing it with turtle wax or some other type of wax work better?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

MK12RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Waxing glass will protect it and give it a better gloss than just Rain-X. It won't hurt but you have to really buff it off well because wax hazes. I think its probably the humidity that is causing the foggy windows. Streaking on the other hand is probably from using papertowels instead of a good microfiber towel. I wax my windows on the outside and then use Show Car Mist for cleaning and water repealling. On the inside on the window I use BD Glass which is a good multi purpose glass cleaner that will remove the grime or foggy film that collects on the inside of windows. Another thing, because it rains so much the humdity is pretty high all the time, guess its just the nature of the beast and your gonna be cleaning those windows often. I live and Georgia and we have high humidity and in spring and summer I'm cleaning the inside and outside of the windows often.

If you cannot get to anything other than Rain-X, they make a Rain-X glass cleaner and water repeallent that works pretty good. Just use a microfilber towel instead of a papertowel.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree on the microfiber. I started cleaning my windows with one and the results are awesome.

I use the spray (like a windex bottle) Stoner - Invisible Glass. It's my favorite product.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
I normally use Fukken on mine. :D

I do have some glass cleaners as well, a 3M one - it works ok....but I'm partial to Fukken. :D

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I use either invisible glass or fukken

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
whatever, use a micofiber cloth to clean, not papertowels

Mgpatton1s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got a tip from a guy that does carshows and he uses newspaper to clean his windows. I tried it and it doesn't streak a bit. IMO it works better than microfiber too. I used RainX and wiped it off with newspaper and it never streaka

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yeah as weird as it sounds, newspaper does pretty good lol

OP
OP
res1551cue

res1551cue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used to work in a newspaper circulation department and at the end of the day I would take home the rolls of non useable paper without the ink on it and it worked great but I cant find that here in Guam. Does normal news paper with the ink in it work?

Mgpatton1s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used to work in a newspaper circulation department and at the end of the day I would take home the rolls of non useable paper without the ink on it and it worked great but I cant find that here in Guam. Does normal news paper with the ink in it work?

Yeah. I found it actually worked better for some reason

rizzleram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I never really got newspaper to work. Is there a specific method to this madness?

Mgpatton1s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I never really got newspaper to work. Is there a specific method to this madness?

I just use it like a normal microfiber cloth. Can't say there's much of a system to it lol. Idk. Maybe I'm just lucky :)

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Invisible Glass.
The only thing easier to use than pure vinegar and newspaper. Not sure "how it didn't work"? It does fall apart after a few windows but its not like there isn't more of it LOL

Megahemi06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Invisible Glass for me. As weird as it sounds the dealership i used to work for used newspaper to clean windows, it does work.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Stoner is good stuff. I use a microfiber towel and some cleaner I get from Costco called "Sprayway Glass Cleaner" made in Addison, IL. Works great.

jasf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Castle streak proof & newspaper are my weapons of choice.

limited

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Black Limited 1500
Engine
Hemi
I was having a hard time getting the window to look good, tried different cleaners, used micro rags, then I tried one of my sheepskin wash mits and glass cleaner, looking like it's going work,