Window Cleaner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtmoparguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 laramie
Engine
i use rubbing alcohol and water mix.works good for me.1 bottle of alcohol and same amount of water in a spray bottle.

rizzleram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I really like Stoners but I'd like to try something new.

SirGeorgeKillian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Newspaper and windex is what we use on the firetrucks, what I use on my windows too.

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I use windex with a coffee filter. Never had a problem.

Coffee filters work better than news paper

klu408

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Im in the rubbing isoprophyl alcohol and water crowd... got the tip from a buddy that tints windows for a living... so hes about tried them all and thats what he uses

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I'm an Adams guy. It's the best I've ever used. Unlike others, it's safe on everything. No alcohol or ammonia. Have window tint? Don't use alcohol or Windex.

Adams with their glass microfiber and you'll wonder why you were screwing around with anything else. I've tried all the other tricks and ended when I found this method.

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

Doc221

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Just used RainX 2 in 1 and holy streaks batman!! 3M always seemed to work well but im going to try some of these suggestions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Cobayashi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
vinegar and water, cost next to nothing, vinegar is a natural cleaner and also gets water deposits off the exterior of the window with out removing products like rainx in the process.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Adams for sure..... I just converted my dad to Adams glass cleaner also

RAtmosphere

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 3500 Dually
Engine
5.9 Cummins - 12,800 original miles
Maddog...i couldnt agree more. As I read this i was wondering if anyone used coffee filters, as I do too....Sweet....they work great......

RAMAlaska

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My time in military school, the Army and on into the ambulance, I have never used anything but windex and newspaper. Has never failed. I tried some armor all window cleaner and its a close second to windex. Be careful with your vinegar solutions, the acetic acid in there, while mild can discolor things if left on too long. (trim, leather, etc....) This effect can be magnified by direct sun/heat.

tipnitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Invisible glass for windows and chrome with a window use microfiber towel. No streaks anywhere.

MrHarleyGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ive used Adams Glass cleaner for a long time. Tried the Stoner Invisible glass cleaner, much better then Adams, and only $3.50 for 22oz, then $13 for 12oz Adams. Use 2 microfiber waffle weave towels, 1 to clean off the Stoner, and then the other to polish off the residue if any is there. Works wonders. I use this with Adams Glass sealant, perfect combo for me.

guzzel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
What is everyone using to clean there windows? I have used everything from RainX to ArmorAll window cleaners but they always seem to streak and fog up or turn hazy after a week. I currently live in Guam which is a tropical climate location where it rains just about everyday so the rain is nothing but saltwater. Also glass cleaner selections are limited. Would waxing it with turtle wax or some other type of wax work better?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Invisible Glass with soft cloth.

Bullitt279

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone have good tips for tinted windows with vapor film, from ecigs? This is the hardest part to keeping truck clean other than kid toys and crumbs.

Forcepro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The best thing for cleaning glass is using your ammonia-free glass cleaner of choice ( I use Invisible Glass) and then using a couple microfiber towels (300 Grams per Square Meter or less)
Premium 16 x 16 Blue Korean Microfiber Glass and Window Towel | The Rag Company

Use one to wipe off the cleaner and the other one to buff the glass. Using two or more microfiber towels is the key to eliminating streaks.