Wolfgang 3.0 on Maximum Steel Metallic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BleuCheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First time using Wolfgang 3.0 sealant. I'm not sure how good it looks in the photo but in person it looks very good and the microfiber towel slides over the paint now and feels like glass.

Tomorrow I will top coat it with Collinite 845 if I have time. Hopefully after doing this it will clean up quicker since it seems every time I wash it it rains or gets pollen all over it the next day.

Cleaning the 1500 is time consuming but it looks nice when it's finished. Hopefully the Maximum Steel Metallic color will pop and really show up nice once its done.

I'm putting this on by hand, but does anyone use a Flex or PC type machine to apply the material?

image.jpg

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sometimes I use my Porter Cable to put it on my fiberglass cover. I like the combination you are using. Hopefully you'll like the results.
Jay

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use my porter cable to apply sealant. saves a lot of time and wipes off easily for the most part. I've applied once in the sun and some parts were more difficult to wipe off.

OP
OP
BleuCheese

BleuCheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since I'm waiting 24 hrs to put on the Wax, should I wet down the car and dry it off if it's gets dusty/pollen in it or would just a microfiber towel do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome! I just got done using Wolfgang 3.0 after a wet sand buff/polish job. I must say I am really impressed with it and will use it again. I have some Colonite 845 on the way but used Meguire's Gold class Carnauba this once. The wax didnt change it much, tad wetter look. But the Wolfgang took it a solid step up AFTER the buff job!

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And I had a 3 week gap of pollen....sucks...

And hopefully I didn't commit ultimate blasphemy but I used my Dewalt 5" Variable speed random orbital sander with some Griot's Garage foam wax aaplication pads and a microfiber fast finishing pad to polish it away AFTER the first intial wipe of most of the dried/hazed product...
Saves tons of time! The MF finishing pad was amazing!

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After you put the sealant on and let it sit for 24 hrs., if it sits outside I'd rinse it off and dry it before applying the wax. If not you are running the risk of waxing over things that have stuck to your paint and also you may put small scratches on the surface from any dirt on the surface. If you leave it in the garage over night then I think you can just go ahead and wax it.
Jay

OP
OP
BleuCheese

BleuCheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I took the truck out last night and ended up getting dead bugs all over the front, windshield and side view mirrors. I'm not sure if the Wolfgang had anything to do with the it or not but they wiped right off with a little a water and sponge. Now to wait until I get some shade to put on the Collinite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk