Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > Dodge Ram Cummins Diesel Forum > 5.9 Common Rail

5.9 Common Rail

after market clutch noise

This is a discussion on after market clutch noise within the 5.9 Common Rail forums, part of the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesel Forum category!
i have been researching after market clutchs, and people are saying they make noise at lower RPM. why is it ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2015, 12:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2005
Engine: 5.9
Default after market clutch noise
i have been researching after market clutchs, and people are saying they make noise at lower RPM. why is it making this noise and is it a bad thing?

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.
jgoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2008 Ram 2500 4x4 3.73 gears,1994 Ram 2500 4x4 12 valve modified, Industrial Injection #5 fuel plate
Engine: 6.7 Cummins, 5.9 Cummins
If you have a tuner it can cause the slippage issues. I'm sure you have checked out the Valair and South bend clutch?

H&S Mini Max 225 tune,fire ring,Carrillo Rods,Helix 2 Cam,Hamilton valve springs,125HP nozzles,grid heater delete,ARP 625 with Vulcan gaskets,Air Dog II 200,Banks Ram Air,Banks Techni Cooler,Banks Super Scoop,Banks double shot water meth injection,BD intake manifold, DPP Spectre VGT turbo Howitzer 66 comp 67/70 with race gate, modified fuel rail, stroker CP3, Steed Speed competition manifold,Silverline 5 inch turbo back,NADP Heavy Hauler Race series transmission,Kore VR coils,Fox shocks.
Cummins Powered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2005
Engine: 5.9
i have not bought a truck yet. im just making plans and doing research for when I get home from my deployment. I plan on getting the EFI live autocal, there for I wanna get a clutch too. I have looked at both brands and have read that after market clutches make noise when driving in low RPM's. I was just wondering why they make noise and if its a bad thing?
jgoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 11:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2015 Power Wagon
Engine: 6.4 Hemi
Originally Posted by Cummins Powered View Post
If you have a tuner it can cause the slippage issues. I'm sure you have checked out the Valair and South bend clutch?
did you even read the question?

Originally Posted by jgoodwin View Post
i have been researching after market clutchs, and people are saying they make noise at lower RPM. why is it making this noise and is it a bad thing?
its fairly common to get a rattling sound usually because people are stepping up to a dual disk clutch. they are noisier by nature. sprung hub dual disks are a little quieter than solid. the noise is usually at idle with the clutch out.
DannyMK2 is offline   Reply With Quote