Another Airdog question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Is this normal?

When I first start the truck and drive, my fuel pressure will stay between 15-17 psi during normal driving. That is exactly what my pressure is supposed to be at.

After about 20-30 minutes my fuel pressure will drop to 14-16 psi while normal driving.

After about 1 hour or so of straight driving I was seeing 12 psi during normal driving.

When I shut the truck off and let it sit for awhile, then drive again, my fuel pressure is back up to normal.

Fuel tank is always full(close to it) when this happens...sensor is right before the CP3.

I'm lost...is my second Airdog going bad? Or could it be the fuel pressure gauge?

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Is this consistent or just on a certain drive to the same place?

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Stick a regulator on it .. that is what I had to do . Right before the CP3 .. its called fuel hammering

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
do need one of these dave?

Need a airdog or just the fitting ?

The fitting is just a regulator you get at the parts store ... threads into your banjo then you hook your sender gauge into it ... then turn the valve on the regulator off then open it up slightly bought half a turn ... keep it low so you dont "hammer" the gauge .

See right now you are beating the gauge to death ... the line from the fuel gauge is just getting hammered with more fuel PSI it needs ... slap a regulator on it and adjust it to the gauge ... when the gauge is set at your PSI your done .

OP
OP
schroederMP

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I guess that makes sense...I'll give it a shot. Thanks

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics