Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > Dodge Ram Cummins Diesel Forum > 5.9 Common Rail

5.9 Common Rail

Injectors 06 5.9

This is a discussion on Injectors 06 5.9 within the 5.9 Common Rail forums, part of the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesel Forum category!
Was having problems with truck going into limp mode after I bought my truck 3 weeks ago. Dealer ran flow ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2014, 05:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2006 Mega Cab
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Default Injectors 06 5.9
Was having problems with truck going into limp mode after I bought my truck 3 weeks ago. Dealer ran flow test, showed injector excessive fuel return, there gonna replace my injectors for me with whatever injectors I want. I'm new to diesels so any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.
CopperBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2013
Engine: 5.7 Hemi
whats done to the truck? Stock turbo stock fuel system? What are your plans for the truck? Depending your your goals I would get in touch with a tuner that tunes EFI Live ( Anarchy Diesel Phil has been more than helpful, or Draconian diesel, Dave has great tunes ECM and TCM) then go from there.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2006 Mega Cab
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Originally Posted by NWRQC View Post
whats done to the truck? Stock turbo stock fuel system? What are your plans for the truck? Depending your your goals I would get in touch with a tuner that tunes EFI Live ( Anarchy Diesel Phil has been more than helpful, or Draconian diesel, Dave has great tunes ECM and TCM) then go from there.
everything is pretty much stock for now. Only thing not stock is exhaust system. I'd eventually like to put a better turbo, CAI, tuner, rebuild of tranny... Maybe more?? don't really know what all I could do with a Diesel. Always been a gas vehicle person.
CopperBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2013
Engine: 5.7 Hemi
Originally Posted by CopperBeauty View Post
everything is pretty much stock for now. Only thing not stock is exhaust system. I'd eventually like to put a better turbo, CAI, tuner, rebuild of tranny... Maybe more?? don't really know what all I could do with a Diesel. Always been a gas vehicle person.
I would sit down and do some realistic mod planning ( wants vs what you are confident will happen). Maybe talk to one of the tuners I mentioned prior, tell them your goals and see what they recommend. CR injectors are not cheap so if you can get some that will support your power goals for free I would do it now.
Plan ahead because mods aren't cheap when it comes to diesels.