Primary and secondary batteries

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Well I knew it was finally coming and after our most recent temperature drop the trucks batteries had enough. They have been slow turning over recently but I've just been puttin it off.
Called AAA since I'm at school, 45 minutes later they showed up. The guy was looking at the motor and told my girlfriend that he was tryin to figure which was the primary, I said that the newer dodges don't have primary and secondary anymore and he looked at me like i was an idiot and went into a rant that all diesels did.
Meanwhile I had just looked at the owners manual before he came to double check since the last diesel I jumped was a 7.3 no turbo forever ago. Wouldn't it tell you in the book to jump the primary/ which one it is?

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Driver side is primary

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
I also have two electric battery blankets to keep the battery's warm when the truck is plugged up

OP
OP
Stangshcky12

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Hmm
Funny part about it all is he jumped the drivers side and then told me the passenger side was primary.
I couldnt tell you the last time the truck was plugged in. While we are at school there is no where to plug it in at which doesnt help. We had -10* degrees last winter and after cycling the grid heaters twice the truck always started.
Not a bad life for the stock batteries

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Not bad at all