Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > Dodge Ram Cummins Diesel Forum > 5.9 Common Rail

5.9 Common Rail

What caused this damage

This is a discussion on What caused this damage within the 5.9 Common Rail forums, part of the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesel Forum category!
Originally Posted by Broncoboy Could I possibly get a copy of that manual I just purchased an 07 3500 am ...

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2016, 02:46 PM   #31 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2007
Engine: 5.9 cummins
Originally Posted by Broncoboy View Post
Could I possibly get a copy of that manual I just purchased an 07 3500 am new to cummins could definitely use the guidance thanks
[email protected]

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.
Broncoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 02:12 AM   #32 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2005
Engine: 5.9L HO Cummins
Originally Posted by R/T_Fire View Post
The manual is a huge help and education into the systems on the cummins.

I'm not 100% sure on a poor cylinder would burn up an injector. It would give poor combustion and should puke out black smoke. You may have an issue with the injector harness may have a nick in the wire poor connection somewhere causin the solenoid to fail. There is a test with a ohm meter to detect if all are working right and it's a ecm issue.

I pulled my hair out with injector issues before I figured out the issue. Went through 2 harnesses and 2 sets of injectors and 3 extra. Turned out it was the fowled fuel system causing the injectors to fail. Probably not the same issue your having but sounds similar

Once I get in from working in the shop, I'll look for the manual and send it over

Reading back on this in stock form before I put a power adder to it it never bellows black smoke out the exhaust. After I put the magic box on it does a little but not like I would have expected it to and yes fass 150 has been installed
dmuney is offline   Reply With Quote