'13 w/6.7CTD Check Engine Light-HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisshreves

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have a '13 2500 with the 6.7L CTD. Yesterday, the CEL came on upon startup. My father was driving and felt no difference in the way the truck performed. Today, the truck still had the CEL, so i had the codes read at Advanced and they gave me the following code: V1421

Does anyone have any idea what this is? The guy from Advanced said it is a manufacturer specific code, and therefor he could not tell me what it was.

It is strange because all of the codes I have ever seen on Chrysler vehicles have contained the letter "P" has the prefix. Nonetheless, this code contains a "V" as the prefix.

Any ideas?

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I have a '13 2500 with the 6.7L CTD. Yesterday, the CEL came on upon startup. My father was driving and felt no difference in the way the truck performed. Today, the truck still had the CEL, so i had the codes read at Advanced and they gave me the following code: V1421

Does anyone have any idea what this is? The guy from Advanced said it is a manufacturer specific code, and therefor he could not tell me what it was.

It is strange because all of the codes I have ever seen on Chrysler vehicles have contained the letter "P" has the prefix. Nonetheless, this code contains a "V" as the prefix.

Any ideas?
No clue about the code itself but, have you been doing s lot of idling and in town driving? I have read that the CEL will light if the DPF is getting clogged and a good hard run at highway speeds will clean everything out and the CEL will go away. Might be worth a try...