2007 Cummins Won't Turn Over, All Instruments Click

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonC78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo Diesal
I have a 2007 Ram with a Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine. I recently drove it three days ago with no problem. Just a few minutes ago, I tried starting the engine, and it won't even turn over, but all of the instruments click very fast and the gauges vibrate up and down slightly. After about 3 seconds it pauses and then does the same thing again. All of the lights work on both the interior and on the instrument panel. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Battery is dead? How old is it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 tablet using Tapatalk

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I'm thinking the same thing... Sounds like a bad battery.

Sent from my LG 8.3 GPe

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
I would agree... them puppies are shot! Take them out, and have them tested at a parts store. Pick you up a nice set of new ones. I assume they are your factory batteries?
If the batteries test good, my next thought is your starter. I had mine go out a couple years ago, and rebuilt it fairly cheap.

I am a fan of Optimas, but the Sears brand gel batteries come in at a close 2nd.

Welcome to the forum by the way!

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I agree, it sounds like your batteries. If the voltage is too low the truck wont start. Charge them up and see if that helps. Were any codes thrown?