2008 cummins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tboatman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter
I have a 2008 2500 and am looking at the diablosport power puck, They claim that it increases up to 100 horses, Can the stock drive train handle a 100 horse increase and does anyone have any experience with the power puck. My truck is bone stock with all the emissions stuff in place.

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have no experience with the power puck, but I would do yourself a favor and look into EFI-Live instead. The tunes are tailored for your specific truck and can be tailored even further by doing some data-logging. I switched from H&S tuning and haven't looked back. Power delivery is smoother, power comes on sooner, fuel economy is up (about 1.5mpg) from the H&S tuning. Usually with the Autocal you get 3 tunes that you pick (street, race, tow, fuel economy). I don't know if any other places offer a "lite" version but Anarchy diesel sells an autocal lite which has lower hp tunes and costs a little less. Other options would also be a H&S Mini maxx (street version if you don't plan on doing any deletes), XRT/XRT Pro, Smarty and RaceME.

As far as the drivetrain handling 100hp, it all come down to your right foot. Some people drive their truck like they stole it and are replacing their transmission in short time. Others that drive like a sane person can go a long time until a rebuild is in order. I drive around daily running a "max effort" race tune which is said to be around 480 - 490whp. but I also don't have a stock charger so I'm not sure how much I am actually making. I also have tuning for my transmission, which I highly recommend even for a stock truck.
Both Anarchy and Draconian diesel offer that.

Cummins Powered

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 2500 4x4 3.73 gears,1994 Ram 2500 4x4 12 valve modified, Industrial Injection #5 fuel plate
Engine
6.7 Cummins, 5.9 Cummins
I have a 2008 2500 and am looking at the diablosport power puck, They claim that it increases up to 100 horses, Can the stock drive train handle a 100 horse increase and does anyone have any experience with the power puck. My truck is bone stock with all the emissions stuff in place.

I personally have no experience as well with the Diablo Sport Power-Puck. I Know it's fairly cheap under 300.00. I have heard more bad reviews than I have good ones. Like NWRQC mentioned, I would go with someone more reputable, and better engineering in the software. Sure you pay more, but at the end you will be much happier, not just with the product but with the customer service and the tech support, if any issues do occur. There is also the Banks AutoMind programer(down-loader), my neighbor has one and he is very happy with the product, he has an 09 6.7 Cummins with all emissions intact. He pulls heavy loads for cattle and horses, he has had it over a year.

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I would go with someone more reputable, and better engineering in the software. Sure you pay more, but at the end you will be much happier, not just with the product but with the customer service and the tech support, if any issues do occur.

That's another thing that I forgot to mention, customer service and better engineering/R&D.
When I ran a H&S Mini Maxx they released updates, teaks and additional features often (free download). When Ryan redid their tuning he sent me a bunch of test tunes to try and report back. Getting customer feedback on changes I feel was great, vs putting out a product that the engineers like and leaving it.
After switching to EFI-Live I did have a few minor problems which were addressed with an email or call to the one point of contact, Dave the guy who wrote my tunes. I had my check engine light come on half way through a trip. I pulled the code with my autocal and called him. It was a simple fix (turbo speed sensor, which I don't have) and he had emailed me a revision to my tune that I downloaded later that day once I got to my destination.
I've had other Diablosport products for gas applications and never had any issues. You pretty much buy the product, install it and move on. While it's easy and simple, IMO it's not always the best way to go.