2012-6.7L P0606 & P2000 Codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keep It Cummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins ISB 6.7 L
Hey guys I've got new one. Recently had the new recall flash regarding DPF and while highway driving (pulling my Ranger bass boat) my MIL comes on. Check it out and I have a P2000 code Nox adsorber etc. and after flashing the inginition 3 times I see a P0606 for internal module. Take it in dealer says no prob, it's fixed. On three occasions since the P2000 came up. After re-fueling and within 24 hours the code goes out.

Anybody have a clue as to what is going on here?

Please do not reply "It's under warranty take it in." My time is very valuable!

Thanks to all!

smykowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
could be bad O2's causing a faulty reading. What kind of shape are your batteries in? Last time you took it to the dealer did they confirm the latest flash on your pcm? Most folks I've read about had the dealer re-flash the pcm and haven't had issues since. Take it for what it's worth, you may have to go back to the dealer.

OP
OP
K

Keep It Cummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins ISB 6.7 L
Batteries are less than two years old, both bought at same time and in good working condition. Don't confuse this with Honda's P2000 code related to battery issues. My P2000 deals with the NOX Adsorber but like you say could be O2s. Dealer checked them and said they were not the problem.

Thanks for the reply.

smykowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
reason i ask about the batteries is when they get old/low on voltage they can throw some erroneous codes