2013 exhaust brake ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I know what it is and I know how it works, but can I turn it on and leave it on, or do you press the button only when you need it? I have been pushing the button when needed, but its at arms length, kinda a pita, seems like a stupid location for something that would be manually operated. I guess I am concerned that leaving it on would screw it or something else up.

Thanks

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Unless something changed between 07 and 13, you will have to push the button when you start your truck (it will stay on until you shut the engine off).
It will only engage when the truck is decelerating and above about 1200rpm.
It will cycle off once it gets down to about 1000rpm.
So yes you can turn it on and leave it on while driving. It's actually good for the turbo to run it periodically and it saves on brake wear.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I know what it is and I know how it works, but can I turn it on and leave it on, or do you press the button only when you need it? I have been pushing the button when needed, but its at arms length, kinda a pita, seems like a stupid location for something that would be manually operated. I guess I am concerned that leaving it on would screw it or something else up.

Thanks

There are several threads on this topic on the diesel specific boards. The popular opinion is that running the EB all the time (or as much as possible) was good for the 4th Gen turbos. It helps keep them cleaned out.

I have not found a way to make mine come on at start up on my '12 so i have to remind myself to push the button every time i get in.

OP
OP
Rotzilla

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I have to physically press the button everytime I start the truck to turn it on, and it brakes until appx 50mph, then lets off.
Good to know I will start using it more often.
Thanks fellas.

I cannot access the diesel forums from work, they blocked them. :bs: