2013 hd2500 6.7l

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

astewart999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just took out my new HD2500 on a 1400 mile road/desert trip. :(

Thoughts: Vehicle is heavy and I don't recommend for off-roading in the sand. Performance was poor at best, overall 12.4 MPG and consumed 4.8 gallons DEF.

Stopped at truck stop to get diesel and DEF together, diesel shot out the spout and would not pump normally. Suspect Truck stop nozzle size larger and wasn't allowing any air to escape so the diesel blew out instead. Never had this problem on my 2004 HD2500. DEF tank showed empty so when the pump stopped at 4.6 gallons I thought I should keep trying as the book says its an 8 gallon tank. I'm not sure if the tank is 5 gallons plus a 3 gallon reserve once empty???

Truck got hot climbing 5000ft at 30MPH.

Dodge RAM is not the superior truck it used to be!!!!

I'll just have to continue off-roading in my 2004 HD2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 LB CC Diesel
Engine
6.7 CTD
Duh its heavy, its got 1500lbs of diesel engine in the front of it. If you say your 04 is lighter enough for you to notice you are full of it. My 2010 takes fuel from the hi-flow nozzles no problem and I went through a mountain pass with my foot buried in it, pulling a loaded gooseneck trailer, on a 90 degree day, with the AC on and it never once got hotter than it was supposed to.

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Astewart, don't blame the truck, these trucks are incredible. The problem is the engines are extremely restricted due to EPA regulations. If the egr, dpf and all that is removed, and a tune is added, the truck is an animal!

It would be like me blaming you for running slow, while breathing through a towel over your mouth that also recirculates your own farts.

El phono

Last edited:

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Astewart, don't blame the truck, these trucks are incredible. The problem is the engines are extremely restricted due to EPA regulations. If the egr, dpf and all that is removed, and a tune is added, the truck is an animal!

It would be like me blaming you for running slow, while breathing through a towel over your mouth that also recirculates your own farts.

El phono

Hahahaha... A towel that recirculates farts!? That's pretty funny, but true.