2014 1 ton laramie I did it !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scully

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all been here a bit ,started reading just to get a better education on these awesome trucks . I have had a 99 cummins ,2005, and now a 2014 6.7 ! I was confused as to weather I should go new or not with the DEF additive etc but I caved when I saw the new ones . I ordered mine the way I wanted it . single rear wheel and all the stuff ! Now comes the long process of learning and understanding . So far this thing is blowing me away ! first road trip 19.4 MPG average ! at 74 mph on the high way ! I was shocked ! I don't know if there will be any legal mods to this truck ,but for now I just hope it works well with the new strangulation stuff . Anyone with sugestions or recommendations let em rip ! I plan on haveing this one a while ! :rockit:

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I have one recommendation in regards to the DEF. We just got our fire engine back from Cummins for the DEF system. They informed us to leave the ignition on for 2 minutes after the truck is shut off. Because it allows the DEF to drain out of the line if it shot any in it. Our lines were all clogged up. The mechanic also said that they have been doing a lot of maintenance on fleet trucks too. That anything with a DEF system will do this. If we wouldn't have had the warranty it would have cost $9,386 to fix. That's one thing uncle Sam done right and that was buy a good warranty. Lol. Good luck and congrats.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Leave the truck "on" for two minutes after shutdown?

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Congrats on the new truck! I'm floored by your stock MPG numbers.
Way impressive!

You can get an intake and DEF back exhaust and perhaps gain a tiny amount of power/mpg. But unless you're going to delete it, don't expect big gains.

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Congrats on the new truck! I'm floored by your stock MPG numbers.
Way impressive!

You can get an intake and DEF back exhaust and perhaps gain a tiny amount of power/mpg. But unless you're going to delete it, don't expect big gains.

That's par for the course on these new trucks. I averaged around 22-23 mpg on the highway doing around 70 in my 2500 (which only has 2k on the odo so far).

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Congrats on the new Cummins!!! It must be really satisfying to order 1 just the way you want 1. :worthy:

Not much to do for big performance gains on the '13+ Cummins but I am sure that will come with time. For now just enjoy her!!

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
I have one recommendation They informed us to leave the ignition on for 2 minutes after the truck is shut off. Because it allows the DEF to drain out of the line if it shot any in it.
Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

How do you leave the ignition on for two minutes after shutdown???

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Seems like a real PITA. If you think about it, according to the manual...if you are towing, your supposed to wait up to 5 minutes before shutdown. Then add 2 minutes in the "run" position after that for a total of 7 minutes?

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Time for an aftercooler tuner mod... That will probably take a while lol.

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Why are there no pics of this monster???

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

scully

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanx for all the great comments guys ! I've been burnning the candle at both ends since I got the truck ! I have a portable saw mill and have done a few jobs etc. the truck pulls that like nothing . I still need to get into the owners manual and confirm some things but over all I am in awe ! I suck at posting pic's but will do in the next few days . In just 4 weeks I have washed this thing more than I did my last one the whole time I owned it ! As a side not around town etc. seems to stay around 15-17MPG . I have also found that foot to throttle has a direct affect on that LOL. Dawgone I love the power !

SWJewellTN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Seems like a real PITA. If you think about it, according to the manual...if you are towing, your supposed to wait up to 5 minutes before shutdown. Then add 2 minutes in the "run" position after that for a total of 7 minutes?

That would be a PITA depending on what you are towing. Leaving the truck running while I level and deploy the travel trailer is certainly do-able, but leaving it in the run position for 2 more minutes? I assume this means to switch it off and then right back to the run position.