6.7 cummins with 35's mpg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hounddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 laramie 2500 credit cab 4x4 cummins
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I think you missing it here. I don't give a dang what you type out lol. I drive these trucks daily. I pull these loads and I have no problems.
Y'all keep complaining on the forums, it's doing a lot of good lol. The rest of us will keep driving out trucks and live in the reality.

You don't give a dang but yet you responded. lol

I also drive them "daily" and "pull these loads". And I hardly missed any points, you seem to miss that the 3500 is not the same as the 2500 in that the shift points in the transmission in both regular and tow haul are different, therefore, they will behave differently.

And if you are pulling the weights you alleged, then you are seriously over weight. Good luck with that.

Lastly, our complaints were heard LOUD AND CLEARLY by Chrysler. The 2500 and SWR 3500 are now offered with the choice of 3.73 gearing with the Cummins. They weren't offered with that gear option in '14. So it says in thee most plain manner possible; Fiat, Chrysler and Ram recognized there was an issue and added the 3.73 option.

hounddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I also have a 14 3500 with the the 3.42 gears and have absolutely no issue towing with it.

I would be more inclined to believe something wrong with your individual truck or maybe your excpectations

You are not going to hook that load behind truck and still do 14 sec quarter miles or 0-160 in 10.

Please show me where I indictated, in any post anywhere in any thread in this entire forum, where I've expected my tow vehicles to pull at racecar speeds.

Facts are facts, Google is your friend. MANY people were having significant issues with their 2013 and 2014 2500s and swr 3500s with the 68rfe tans and the 3.42 gearing.

OP
OP
ramguy11

ramguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You don't give a dang but yet you responded. lol

I also drive them "daily" and "pull these loads". And I hardly missed any points, you seem to miss that the 3500 is not the same as the 2500 in that the shift points in the transmission in both regular and tow haul are different, therefore, they will behave differently.

And if you are pulling the weights you alleged, then you are seriously over weight. Good luck with that.

Lastly, our complaints were heard LOUD AND CLEARLY by Chrysler. The 2500 and SWR 3500 are now offered with the choice of 3.73 gearing with the Cummins. They weren't offered with that gear option in '14. So it says in thee most plain manner possible; Fiat, Chrysler and Ram recognized there was an issue and added the 3.73 option.

As in I don't give a **** what you say lol. I can still respond and call BS.

I know they are two different truck LMAO. I use both of them. One 4x4 SRW and the 3500 is 4x2 DRW. Both have 3.42's. I was mistaken at first and thought my 2500 had 3.73's and it doesn't. Wow. I never could tell, I had to ask the dealer. Why? Because it pulls them just fine and better then my previous diesel with 3.73's.

I have only ever been overweight on the dually and it was fine. So idk what I need good luck. Which who needs luck when you have a great truck and a cummins.

Yea they added it. Just to satisfy you whiny "adults" and keep you all from bashing a up and coming truck. They are battling it out for the top spot among GM and Ford. So yea they added the option and now it appeals to us who pull daily and then the weekend toy hauler and forum bashers who got their way all their life lol.

Have a good one. We understand where you are at and that you have what you want now. Congrats.

OP
OP
ramguy11

ramguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Please show me where I indictated, in any post anywhere in any thread in this entire forum, where I've expected my tow vehicles to pull at racecar speeds.

Facts are facts, Google is your friend. MANY people were having significant issues with their 2013 and 2014 2500s and swr 3500s with the 68rfe tans and the 3.42 gearing.

Again!!' Lmao. People who post within the results of google always know best. Well count me as one of MANY who have no problem.

Define many btw....
10% of ram heavy duty owners.... 20%?

Because lets say for every 1 negative review there is typically 5 positive that go unpublished. People always run to forums with bad things to say and never good.

So lets say 20k units were sold. At 20% you have seen 2k owners complain about the gearing option? Lol. I hardly think so.

hounddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I haul the same loads and then some, I have no quarries... Just go buy a ford or something then.

My my aren't you the bad boy contrarian.

:****sweak:

I did go buy something else, but I guess you missed that part.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
As in I don't give a **** what you say lol. I can still respond and call BS.

I know they are two different truck LMAO. I use both of them. One 4x4 SRW and the 3500 is 4x2 DRW. Both have 3.42's. I was mistaken at first and thought my 2500 had 3.73's and it doesn't. Wow. I never could tell, I had to ask the dealer. Why? Because it pulls them just fine and better then my previous diesel with 3.73's.

I have only ever been overweight on the dually and it was fine. So idk what I need good luck. Which who needs luck when you have a great truck and a cummins.

Yea they added it. Just to satisfy you whiny "adults" and keep you all from bashing a up and coming truck. They are battling it out for the top spot among GM and Ford. So yea they added the option and now it appeals to us who pull daily and then the weekend toy hauler and forum bashers who got their way all their life lol.

Have a good one. We understand where you are at and that you have what you want now. Congrats.

I always love people like you, I work with someone who is the same way. If you don't have a problem with something than no one does. Just because your truck pulls loads fine, doesnt mean it wouldn't be better with a higher rear gear or better trans programming. If there wasn't a problem people wouldn't be complaining about it online because it does no good, a person has to complain to the manufacturer to get any kind of results. I just went through the same thing with the transfer case in my 1500. In deep snow the clutch would overheat because it wasn't designed for off road use. It was a 1500 outdoorsman and people told me if I wanted to do any of roading I should have just bought a jeep or a power wagon. Nevermind the fact that it is a stupid design to put in a truck, it is my fault because my truck can't go through 1 foot of snow when any other half ton can. Not everything is black and white.

hounddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Again!!' Lmao. People who post within the results of google always know best. Well count me as one of MANY who have no problem.

Define many btw....
10% of ram heavy duty owners.... 20%?

Because lets say for every 1 negative review there is typically 5 positive that go unpublished. People always run to forums with bad things to say and never good.

So lets say 20k units were sold. At 20% you have seen 2k owners complain about the gearing option? Lol. I hardly think so.

Wow.

We are all now slightly dumber for having read this. I don't even know where to begin with this sophomoric claptrap. Your strawman has no legs to stand upon.

"Many" would be best defined as a statically significant data point when looking at the entire data picture, which is usually considered to be about 30 for matters of numerics.

Therefore, the answer to your nonsensical question is; a statistically significant portion of all heavy duty RAM owners who own or have owned a 2013 and 2014 RAM 2500 or ram 3500 srw with a Cummins engine, a 68rfe transmission and 3.42 gears.

Clearly math, statistics, data analysis and scientific methodology aren't your strong suits. because if they were you would realize saying that there are 1 complaint for 5 positive which go unpublished is wholly moot and non-substantive. If there were no "published" non complaints, you would have no number to base your ratio. So you are merely blustering about with little more then your own personal anecdotal experiences.

Last edited:

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Had to repost this lol...hope im not too late..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415795466507.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415795466507.jpeg
    20.6 KB · Views: 55
  • uploadfromtaptalk1415795562598.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415795562598.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
ramguy11

ramguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow.

We are all now slightly dumber for having read this. I don't even know where to begin with this sophomoric claptrap. Your strawman has no legs to stand upon.

"Many" would be best defined as a statically significant data point when looking at the entire data picture, which is usually considered to be about 30 for matters of numerics.

Therefore, the answer to your nonsensical question is; a statistically significant portion of all heavy duty RAM owners who own or have owned a 2013 and 2014 RAM 2500 or ram 3500 srw with a Cummins engine, a 68rfe transmission and 3.42 gears.

Clearly math, statistics, data analysis and scientific methodology aren't your strong suits. because if they were you would realize saying that there are 1 complaint for 5 positive which go unpublished is wholly moot and non-substantive. If there were no "published" non complaints, you would have no number to base your ratio. So you are merely blustering about with little more then your own personal anecdotal experiences.

You are right lol. Can't debate with a know it all on a forum.
The entire thing was figurative. I didn't not say my numbers were true nor backed by any source.

So what you have wanted to hear this entire thread. You are right. You get I-genius and I-spoiled of this thread.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Just agree to disagree
It certainly would be nice to have different gearing options but unfortunately they weren't available. Wether the trucks met your expectations is a personal preference and it's not going to change based off of what you read on the internet.

Another reason I stick with manual transmissions.

hounddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You are right lol. Can't debate with a know it all on a forum.
The entire thing was figurative. I didn't not say my numbers were true nor backed by any source.

So what you have wanted to hear this entire thread. You are right. You get I-genius and I-spoiled of this thread.

No, I'm neither a know it or nor am I spoiled merely because I'm moderately intelligent and educated.

After my time in the Marines I became educated through hard work and sacrifice while working full time and raising a young family. I CHOSE to learn about these things and find a better life for my family. It just happens that I am good at math, science's, spacial thinking, critical thinking and working very hard. That, just you know, isn't a bad thing.

You're argument is based on YOUR personal experience and anecdotes, while my argument is based in the complaints of thousands of people. I'm sure you see the difference.

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I am on 305/55r20 Mickey Thompson atz p3's. I love them. Wearing great so far too.

Idk what all this talk is about **** gearing and can't haul a load!! You guys need to get off these forums because you are just spewing ********.

I pull big loads for work all the dang time my load first thing in the morning will be a 30ft gooseneck with dual 8k axels. The load itself will be a 11k lb column and some inconel manways. Total haul should be around 14k trailer and cargo. It pulls it just fine. The truck has 750ft lbs of torque and 385hp. It pulls like a damn mule.
I don't have many pics. I will try to get one tomorrow of this load. Here is a lighter load. Grossed around 9k with trailer and 90.
This is a 34" 90deg elbow with an expansion joint. It's 1/2".
My truck has 22k on the odo and has never disappointed.
View attachment 38951

Truck looks great! 305/55r20.... is a 33" Tire so I'm sure you didnt loose any gearing. Since the stock tire is a 33".
Are you at stock height or leveled? I thought maybe the 305/55 would look too small on a leveled 2500 but it looks great on yours

OP
OP
ramguy11

ramguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Truck looks great! 305/55r20.... is a 33" Tire so I'm sure you didnt loose any gearing. Since the stock tire is a 33".
Are you at stock height or leveled? I thought maybe the 305/55 would look too small on a leveled 2500 but it looks great on yours

My stock tire size was a 31"~
The new 2014 do come with the 33" tire though.
I am at stock height. It has no mods or changes from the factory other than the wheels and tires and b&w gooseneck.

Also, thank you.

ceide4489

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
All I can say is my 14 with 35" tires pulls my trailer just as good or better than my 10 did and with much better throttle response and much better fuel economy.

Sure 3.73 would be nice but for me I am just as happy with the 3.42

I bet if you use google and look up how many people were unhappy with the older cummins with 3.73 and wanting 4.10 you would find about the same amount as people unhappy with the 3.42.

People generally always think something else is better and want what they dont have

Cummins Powered

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 2500 4x4 3.73 gears,1994 Ram 2500 4x4 12 valve modified, Industrial Injection #5 fuel plate
Engine
6.7 Cummins, 5.9 Cummins
I agree it goes both ways. The Cummins will pull any heavy load regardless of the type of gears someone has. Will it affect mileage, or rpm's, yes it will! But regardless if your Cummins has 3.73, 4.10, or 3.42's whatever works for that person, and being happy is what counts, regardless of what type of gears and tire size. We can all agree and disagree all day long, it just depends on how you like your coffee.

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
All I can say is my 14 with 35" tires pulls my trailer just as good or better than my 10 did and with much better throttle response and much better fuel economy.

Sure 3.73 would be nice but for me I am just as happy with the 3.42

I bet if you use google and look up how many people were unhappy with the older cummins with 3.73 and wanting 4.10 you would find about the same amount as people unhappy with the 3.42.

People generally always think something else is better and want what they dont have

I wanna see pics!!

ceide4489

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I wanna see pics!!

Pics of what

You dont believe I have 35's or of the trailer

It is and 8000 pound empty trailer and weighs about 10000 loaded with quad and water and gear.

Its winter here now so I have my winter tires on which are 34 inch.

But it pulls no problem with what I have and gets considerably better fuel economy than my 10 did

Arctic-Rodz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
[TE=ceide4489;920572]Pics of what

You dont believe I have 35's or of the trailer

It is and 8000 pound empty trailer and weighs about 10000 loaded with quad and water and gear.

Its winter here now so I have my winter tires on which are 34 inch.

But it pulls no problem with what I have and gets considerably better fuel economy than my 10 did[/QUOTE]

Haha, what? It's not that I don't believe you, I just wanna see the set up! But if it works for me to say I don't believe you, Then I don't believe you! :roflsquared:

bullmanjay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ram guy I came across this post and was wondering what rims and specs you're running. I saw 305/55r20 and what about offset?

repo4sale

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7diesel
I'm at 125,500 & I calculate my MPGs via Ram, Garmin & Google maps & Sigic a mapping program that uses no cellphone signals, only GPS. 20-24mpgs freeway before deleted. 24-29 MPGs after deleting+ KN air filter, 2015 Tradesman 2500 QC 4x4 g56 stick, camper shell loaded firestoneHT 275-70-18 at 80lbs cold.

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk