engine bogs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rollover survivor

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011/ 3500
Engine
cummins turbo
Rolled my 2011 3500 back in feb. had to rebuild cosmetics myself truck ran fine until exhaust filter issues, regenerated after fixing radiator support, ran fine until bog down issues, whinning or rubbing sound when tranny switches gears , better in manuel shifting , diesel cummins, sounds like its climbing hill or hauling at 55mph no external damage or computer lites? ??????

bigbadram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome.

Switched this over to the cummins section, so our diesel members can help you out.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
I have no idea what you just said .. LOL

OP
OP
R

rollover survivor

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011/ 3500
Engine
cummins turbo
What I mean is , im trying to figure out why when it select shifts it feels like something is wrong with the pump inside the tranny because if its in drive or even overdrive it squelches or chirps from gear to gear like the select shift isnt communicating right .engine rpms are between 2500 to 3000rpms in fourth gear . sometimes it will shift over to fifth , sometimes i have to stop turn off and restart to get it to shift... the engine sounds at 55mph like its hauling a load in fourth gear . there are no visible damage to tranny from wreck in feb. it did have a exhaust filter 80% problem when first put back on road , then took to dealer and they said radiator support bracket was misplaced?? truck has 17k miles is under warranty but wreck kinda gives dealer the attitude they dont have to fix it although in march man from chrysler said it was fine just rebuild damaged body. long story shorter . any advice where to look for problem with tranny or any other thoughts .....thanks

Last edited:

Muddinginamopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So the engine bogs, correct? Not too positive on this, but try getting all the fly ash out of your cat. After the roll, the oil probably built up with the fly ash and blocked it up. They make stuff you add to your fuel to burn it out. See if that helps at all... Just went over it in my Diesel fundamentals class tonight.

OP
OP
R

rollover survivor

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011/ 3500
Engine
cummins turbo
yes the engine bogs down like its high rpms but no spd it was worse when the exhaust filter wouldnt regenerate itself but now i dont get that on my dash computer anymore .once every other time i drive i will get check engine ... now its just this select gear stuff , and squeal when changing gears. yes when it was upside oil and junk went everywhere , i will try your advice thanks , i didnt have full coverage so im on my own trying to fix it , not much help from dealer...go figure

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963