Free boost bolt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Since there is no free section here, I have a boost bolt to hook up a boost gauge. It replaces one of the intake horn bolts and allows you to hook up a boost gauge to it. I decided to tap my EGR plate so I have no use for it... I believe it will fit a 5.9 as well... ( the 6.7 needs a longer bolt.).

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Can you tell a difference in the readings form the bolt vs taping the plate vs just getting the reading from the ODBII port?

Just curious.... What are you planning over there? :) I saw your post about maybe putting your MM up for sale...

sent thru a cloud of smoke

OP
OP
NWRQC

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The readings should be the same between the boost bolt and tapping the plate.
The OBDII port should give you the same readings, as it's reading from the MAP sensor which is also mounted on the intake horn. I decided to just tap the plate and be done with it. Also If and when I get around to cleaning my intake horn I can just unbolt the plate from the horn instead of messing with the boost line and fittings.

Plans, well....
After swapping the turbo out the stock 3 bar MAP wouldn't read high enough so I started looking into gauges...starting with the boost gauge.
I had been wanting to switch to EFI-Live but didn't want to lose the OD tuning. I came across a really good deal that I couldn't pass up for EFI-live and a tuned TCM so I jumped on it. I actually just sold and shipped out the MM earlier today.:)
I've have the EFI-live for about a week, and I love it...It's a world of difference. We are still working on the tunes, but what I have thus far is awesome. I HATE how the 68RFE shifts stock so I am shipping my TCM to him Monday to have that tuned.
It's a trickle down effect, It looks like a higher flowing intake is next up.

Might be selling my MP8 soon if anyone would be interested.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Sounds like a great build!! Not sure about trickle down effect... It feels more like a waterfall effect when I start thinking of really modding this beast :-D

sent thru a cloud of smoke

OP
OP
NWRQC

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I think you might be more accurate.