Help choosing a tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I am looking for a tuner to 1. adjust speedo for tire size and 2. to monitor the engine. Im about to pull the trigger on a Bully gt and looking for inputs/ suggestions before I pull the trigger. I have a 2016 which only has about a 1000 miles on it so Im not trying to go crazy with the tuning( plan on keeping the stock tune for now) Any help is appreciated.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I am looking for a tuner to 1. adjust speedo for tire size and 2. to monitor the engine. Im about to pull the trigger on a Bully gt and looking for inputs/ suggestions before I pull the trigger. I have a 2016 which only has about a 1000 miles on it so Im not trying to go crazy with the tuning( plan on keeping the stock tune for now) Any help is appreciated.
Bully dog is best bet for tire calibration and monitor.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

deadparrot

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I love my Bullydog GT for my 2014 ctd

Ram444

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
My Bully Dog GT effectively calibrated my trucks speedo dead nuts on via GPS and my wife's car pacing me.

BWC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
What are your overall goals for the truck? Are you looking for adding power?

Bferren

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've played around with multiple tuners on 4th gens. Superchip, edge and bullydog mainly. The bullydog is by far my favorite for the tunes they put out (not other tunes downloaded). I havent had all to many issues with them and for any issue I have had they have gotten them resolved quickly. Their customer service is great with any issues I've had. The edge does have a nicer display with their cts model. But bullydog will out perform most others.

OP
OP
homebrew

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I ended up with a edge CTS 2 JWA, over all I like it. I haven't played to much with the power levels, but I've found level 1-2 are very mild almost unknoticeable. 3 you start to feel it and 4 put a smile on my face. I only have 4 thousand miles on my truck so trying to break it in before I break it so I generally keep it on 0 level. The only dislike/inconvienence is how long it takes to install. The service guy at the dealer in not so many wrords said I wouldn't have any issues with my warranty as long as the tuner wasn't hooked up when/if I bring it in for warranty work. The injector connections are a pain in the ass to get disconnected.

BWC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I ended up with a edge CTS 2 JWA, over all I like it. I haven't played to much with the power levels, but I've found level 1-2 are very mild almost unknoticeable. 3 you start to feel it and 4 put a smile on my face. I only have 4 thousand miles on my truck so trying to break it in before I break it so I generally keep it on 0 level. The only dislike/inconvienence is how long it takes to install. The service guy at the dealer in not so many wrords said I wouldn't have any issues with my warranty as long as the tuner wasn't hooked up when/if I bring it in for warranty work. The injector connections are a pain in the ass to get disconnected.

The service guy may go back on his word cause the tuner will probably leave a footprint that the dealer will be able to see it and could deny you any warranty service. Unless you're lucky and your dealer is cool with it. Glad you like the tuner though, I love the screen on the CTS2

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dealer cannot give you **** about the tuner UNLESS the tuner is found/proven to have done engine damage..

DIABLO trinnity does all what the bully dog does and more....Only draw back so far that on the 16's last i was told,you will need to buy a diablo ecu to match the tuner...

Now if my old info is still correct,how is it diablo cant crack the 16's but bd can??

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The service guy may go back on his word cause the tuner will probably leave a footprint that the dealer will be able to see it and could deny you any warranty service. Unless you're lucky and your dealer is cool with it. Glad you like the tuner though, I love the screen on the CTS2

Ask for it in writeing with his siggy....If he says no then you know he is full of poop!!

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Great choice for emissions intact tuning. I am secretly hoping my older CTS monitor fails so I can upgrade to the 2 . The nice thing about the Edge JWA is that it does not actually write to the ECM (which explains the need for all the connections). Once removed, the only real way to tell if the truck has been tuned would be by the regen counter. And even then it would be very hard for them to prove that the JWA there. This is much different than RaceME, EFI Live etc where those units actually reflash the ECM every time you update a tune file.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310