Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > Dodge Ram Cummins Diesel Forum > 6.7 Common Rail

6.7 Common Rail

Help choosing a tuner

This is a discussion on Help choosing a tuner within the 6.7 Common Rail forums, part of the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesel Forum category!
Originally Posted by homebrew I ended up with a edge CTS 2 JWA, over all I like it. I haven't ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2016, 05:59 AM   #11 (permalink)

Name: Greg

Ram Year: 2012
Engine: CTD 6.7
Originally Posted by homebrew View Post
I ended up with a edge CTS 2 JWA, over all I like it. I haven't played to much with the power levels, but I've found level 1-2 are very mild almost unknoticeable. 3 you start to feel it and 4 put a smile on my face. I only have 4 thousand miles on my truck so trying to break it in before I break it so I generally keep it on 0 level. The only dislike/inconvienence is how long it takes to install. The service guy at the dealer in not so many wrords said I wouldn't have any issues with my warranty as long as the tuner wasn't hooked up when/if I bring it in for warranty work. The injector connections are a pain in the ass to get disconnected.
Great choice for emissions intact tuning. I am secretly hoping my older CTS monitor fails so I can upgrade to the 2 😁. The nice thing about the Edge JWA is that it does not actually write to the ECM (which explains the need for all the connections). Once removed, the only real way to tell if the truck has been tuned would be by the regen counter. And even then it would be very hard for them to prove that the JWA there. This is much different than RaceME, EFI Live etc where those units actually reflash the ECM every time you update a tune file.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.

2012 2500 4x4 CTD Big Horn CCSB 3.73|Flo~Pro|SIMS|XRT Pro w/MCC|Edge Insight CTS|Infinity|JBL
2009 1500 4x4 HEMI Big Horn CCSB 3.55|Volant CAI|18" Magnaflow|Airlift1000|Superchips Flashpaq 3865 - SOLD
Power247 is offline   Reply With Quote