leveling kit and larger tire upgrade and mileage on a 13' 2500 CTD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muleywannabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500 Laramie Cummins
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
anyone done any of the leveling kits and larger tires yet? I am getting great mileage but I want a little more clearance, if it makes a big fuel economy difference and I will deal with it. thanks

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
anyone done any of the leveling kits and larger tires yet? I am getting great mileage but I want a little more clearance, if it makes a big fuel economy difference and I will deal with it. thanks

what size rim/tire are you running now? there are a few different factory setups depending on trim model.

Either way, 2 inch level and 35x12.50s are going to cost you 3-4 MPG but will look damn nice. Not sure about the '13s but on the '12s, a 12.5 inch wide tire is going to rub control arms with just a level kit on stock rims.

Something to consider is a 285/75-17s (34x11.25). Only a few manufacturers make them but the are a good compromise since they fit well on factory 17s, won't rub and only lose 1-2 MPGs. They look best on a stock height truck. With a 2 in level they look kinda small.

Last edited:

Cummins Powered

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 2500 4x4 3.73 gears,1994 Ram 2500 4x4 12 valve modified, Industrial Injection #5 fuel plate
Engine
6.7 Cummins, 5.9 Cummins
Your best bet would be 35 inch tires with your stock rims, that is with a basic 2 to 2.5 inch leveling kit. Anything wider than your stock rims, will rub on the control arms. If you do decide to go with an aftermarket rim make sure it's the same backspace dimension as the stock rims. There are various leveling kits on the market fom Rough Country, Hell Bent Steel, Top Gunz, and etc. If your looking for the performance aspect such as Kore, Carli, Lorenz, and Thuren, which all specialize in the Dodge heavy duty. I have the Kore VR coils with Fox shocks, and gave me just a little over 3 inches of lift, and the mini leaf packs for the rear. That is with 35 inch tires General Grabbers(red lettering) with the stock rims. I'm sure you know you will have to replace shocks and sway bar end links, with of course an alignment.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
The stock offset is +44 I believe and you're not going to find an aftermarket wheel with that offset, most guys go +24<->+18
4th gens use a tubular lower control arm so it'***** or miss whether a 35x12.5 will rub or not, depends on the manufacturer and how true to that number they are. If you do rub it'll only be minor at full lock.

ceide4489

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
The stock offset is +44 I believe and you're not going to find an aftermarket wheel with that offset, most guys go +24<->+18
4th gens use a tubular lower control arm so it'***** or miss whether a 35x12.5 will rub or not, depends on the manufacturer and how true to that number they are. If you do rub it'll only be minor at full lock.

My 35*12.5*20 rub just slightly but only on drivers side I put tires on with no level kit and they fit but wheel well was too full and have added the 2 inch level kit

I have stock rims but have ordered rims with +18 offset