Looking @ 2007 6.7 2500 2wd Megacab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Guys,

I've always wanted a Cummins but have never been able to afford one. I currently have an 06 RCSB 1500 5.7, soon to be payed off. I was browsing our local dealer with a friend and saw the truck. It's a 2wd, 2007 6.7 Megacab 2500. 89,*** miles. It's really sharp looking. Haven't seen it in person yet, but am going to go check it out today. I've been looking up the issues with the 2007 models, but wanted to ask my brethren what they think about it. I know most say to delete the emission stuff and all will be well. I don't see the need to add power to the truck for my purposes. Let me know what you guys think, whether it's a good deal or not. :)

Here's a link to the truck.

Truck

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Nice looking truck. Thats about what I paid for my truck with similar mileage 3 years ago. The only difference is mine is a QC not MC.
Oh and mine is 4wd.

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You think i could knock it down a few G's? I'm thinking so. I bought my wife's grand caravan from this dealer brand new, still got a really good deal for it. I think we dropped the final price by another 1400 or so before we bought it. With my trade in, I'd like to be out the door for about 13-15k. Is that a decent price?

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice looking truck. Thats about what I paid for my truck with similar mileage 3 years ago. The only difference is mine is a QC not MC.
Oh and mine is 4wd.

Any issues with your truck? I'm assuming by 89k miles they've probably been taken care of. Just curious for any input. It's set up for towing already, both with regular hitch and it has a gooseneck ball in the bed. I don't have many reasons for big towing, but I do landscaping from time to time and move a lot of rock/mulch, rail road ties etc. Not to mention........ it's a diesel!:roflsquared:

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
That is a pretty nice lookin truck. The price is already pretty low compared to what they go for around here but I never pay advertised price for a vehicle, especially a used one. Maybe you could get them to eat the tax and doc fees.

As far as deleting, if it is not monitored in your area then that is a nice bonus in the event any of the emissions equipment gives you trouble. It is much cheaper to delete it than replace it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I planned on that. Once I'm out of work, I'll hop in the Mini with the family and go for a ride. Hopefully it looks just as good in person!

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck looks pretty nice. Didn't look underneath, or test drive just glanced the outside. Looks in really good shape.

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any other input would be appreciated on this year specific Cummins. Want to call the dealer tomorrow to schedule a test drive, diesels go fast in my town.

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You think i could knock it down a few G's? I'm thinking so. I bought my wife's grand caravan from this dealer brand new, still got a really good deal for it. I think we dropped the final price by another 1400 or so before we bought it. With my trade in, I'd like to be out the door for about 13-15k. Is that a decent price?
It's hard to say. It depends on your negotiating skills and how bad the dealer wants to sell the vehicle. They were asking 28.5K for mine and I left paying 23.5K out the door. Just like Power247 I won't pay the advertised price. I don't know how anyone does.

Any issues with your truck? I'm assuming by 89k miles they've probably been taken care of. Just curious for any input. It's set up for towing already, both with regular hitch and it has a gooseneck ball in the bed. I don't have many reasons for big towing, but I do landscaping from time to time and move a lot of rock/mulch, rail road ties etc. Not to mention........ it's a diesel!:roflsquared:
I haven't had any abnormal issues. I replaced the wheel bearings/hubs at about 100K which isn't bad (The lower offset wheels don't help). Brakes all around at about the same time. Shocks at about 95K.
I yanked the turbo at about 105K in favor of a larger fixed geometry turbo. It looked to be the original turbo (with the addition of a cleaning port) judging by the shaft play, but it still had plenty of life left.
The two things that I will recommend and the first one I would do first thing.
A) Trans tuning
B) EFI-Live
The engine tuning will completely transform your vehicle. And if you get the CSP5 switch you can switch between 5 tunes on the fly... I am loving it.
The trans tuning is a must. The 68rfe loves to shift early, it's like it's in a race to hit 6th gear. That transmission for whatever reason loves to lug the engine. Even if you don't get trans tuning I would manually shift the tranny to help prolong it's life.

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bringing the wife's van in for an oil change on Thursday afternoon. Taking the truck for a test drive then as well. Can you give me a quick explanation of EFI live and rough cost for that and a decent tuner? The truck will be (if I get it) my daily driver, so mpgs are always my friend. I won't be off roading obviously, and will make long trips with it a few times a year. I don't need to tow 15k lbs every week, but want a diesel for when I need it, and a truck with longevity.
Thanks for your input thus far. :)

OP
OP
usaf2006

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh, and NWRQC, have you deleted the emissions?

NWRQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Bringing the wife's van in for an oil change on Thursday afternoon. Taking the truck for a test drive then as well. Can you give me a quick explanation of EFI live and rough cost for that and a decent tuner? The truck will be (if I get it) my daily driver, so mpgs are always my friend. I won't be off roading obviously, and will make long trips with it a few times a year. I don't need to tow 15k lbs every week, but want a diesel for when I need it, and a truck with longevity.
Thanks for your input thus far. :)
EFI Live is custom tuning tailored to you specific vehicle and it's modifications. It's also very beneficial to stock trucks. You can data log to get each tune dialed in. Price wise you are looking at about $700 with the CSP5 switch and 5 tunes.....subject to whatever the tuner charges. It could be less, most likely.
PM me for more info on a couple reputable tuners, Both I have done business with.

Oh, and NWRQC, have you deleted the emissions?
I don't know what emissions you speak of.