Looking for insight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

Fire Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Furthermore I do know that cash speaks and if I walk in with 40k in cash it would be hard to turn down

Greater love hath no man than this that he lay down his life for a friend

Cummins Powered

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 2500 4x4 3.73 gears,1994 Ram 2500 4x4 12 valve modified, Industrial Injection #5 fuel plate
Engine
6.7 Cummins, 5.9 Cummins
Looking at a '15 2500 CTD my question to you all is what are your likes and more importantly dislikes with these new "eco friendly" CTD engines

You can not go wrong with the Cummins for longevity, the name speaks for itself. The only issues with these 6.7 Cummins are the emissions, the emissions kill these trucks! Yes, it comes with a 5 year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty, which ever comes first. Once the warranty is over your on your own. For example to replace a DPF, and catalytic converter do to soot build up and needs replacement is around 7,000 for both installed. You can also have issues with soot build up and clogging turbo and egr, sometimes just needs to be cleaned, or if accumulated with lots of soot turbo and egr need replacement. These issues can happen, I had my share of these problems several years ago, and it happens with even the newer models. Not trying to scare you, just letting you know what can happen when your warranty is gone. Good luck, and wish you the best with your choice.

tony 340

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
I'm loving my 15' so far.

My only 2 complaints are that the mirror marker lights do not stay on with the cab lights. I may even be able to change this, haven't read the manual yet.

The fuel filler has no cap. Now I have to carry a funnel with me when I want to add winter fuel additive.

Now on to the good things,

1. I never had any idea I would like a heated steering wheel this much
2. This thing started the other day at -5 and it sputtered right up, wasn't even plugged in.
3. I like it way better than both of my old ford's so far.
4. Uconnect is sweet. I start this thing from my phone on cold days when I'm 10 minutes away.

I have a set of Husky Liners on the way and the window tint guy is coming next week.

So far it is a sweet truck.

Consider a Laramie package, they come with so many nice options right from the getgo.

OP
OP
F

Fire Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Not all that interested in the Laramie package the outdoorsman has everything I would want and then some