mixing gasoline with diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lmeavtitn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Rebel
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My buddy was telling me how he mixes a gallon of gasoline for one full tank of diesel to avoid gelling. Does this work? Does this cause any damage? The reason why I ask is sometimes where I have to fill up they don't have additives at the stations.

I have the 6.7 but it's all deleted.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
No clue... I can say that the fuel & injection system is very finicky... Would be much better to keep some anti gel on hand.

sent thru a cloud of smoke

rustydagger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with K&N CAI and Diablosport Trinity Tuner
It works, that's what we do in the tractors and stuff. 1 gallon of gas to an 50-100 gallon tank of diesel will do it. I don't think it will hurt the injectors or anything. The two fuels mix back together well. We don't run it in the newer street trucks though so who knows. Diesel won't gel until like -25 though.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I'd be iffy
Injection system on 6.7s is picky I wouldn't bother when there are so many fuel additive options

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I agree. I wouldn't do it either.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do not add gasoline to your modern diesel. Ever.

You will damage your high pressure fuel system. And if it has any warranty work done, they can find the fuel contamination, and will very likely void your warranty on those very expensive parts.

A bottle of Diesel Heet or other anti-gel product is readily available, and will not cause harm.

Keep It Cummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins ISB 6.7 L
Adding Gasoline to Diesel

I own a 2012, 6.7L and am speaking from personal experience. Gasoline is thinner than diesel fuel. Therefore, you will dilute your oil due to blowby and regeneration. I tried a weak dilution like you are proposing and later noticed my oil level rising on my dipstick. This was probably after 4 re-fuelings. Blackstone confirmed the dilution of the oil above normal. They couldn't identify it as gasoline, but that's the only variable that changed. In conclusion, don't do it! These new systems are very sensitive.